1986 West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade & Festival
Mike
2021-10-13 03:32:15 UTC
1986 West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade & Festival
Look back at some of the gay history from 1986.

Mike
2021-10-13 04:37:06 UTC
Post by Mike
1986 West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade & Festival
Look back at some of the gay history from 1986.
http://youtu.be/lJmZeyIS-Es
I was hoping someone might know the song in the
video. If you do please let me know. Thanks!
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-13 11:51:14 UTC
Post by Mike
I was hoping someone might know the song in the
video. If you do please let me know. Thanks!
It sounds like generic, "Royalty Free" music, though with a more than
passing similarity to the Love Boat theme.

Very 80s... the colors... the hair...

It's shocking, this pre millennials time when you could say "Gay" and
not offend anyone gay... as opposed to now when "LGBT" is considered
offensive by many. Apparently instead of gay pride it's "Gay & Not Gay
Pride."

LGBPPTNFNOLWQQIVAAAFS+++ Pride!

Or are you some kind of Transmed, Monogender, fascist TERF?!?!?!?!

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/LGBT
Mike
2021-10-13 17:33:10 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
Post by Mike
I was hoping someone might know the song in the
video. If you do please let me know. Thanks!
It sounds like generic, "Royalty Free" music, though with a more than
passing similarity to the Love Boat theme.
I like the song, that's why I posted this. I wish I could
have a copy with all the talking cut out.
Post by JTEM is Magic
Very 80s... the colors... the hair...
It's shocking, this pre millennials time when you could say "Gay" and
not offend anyone gay... as opposed to now when "LGBT" is considered
offensive by many. Apparently instead of gay pride it's "Gay & Not Gay
Pride."
Have you noticed over the years gay guys have become
more and more bottoms. Tops hardly exists anymore.
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-13 18:27:20 UTC
Post by Mike
Have you noticed over the years gay guys have become
more and more bottoms. Tops hardly exists anymore.
I wish!

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/LGBT
Mike
2021-10-13 18:37:31 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
Post by Mike
Have you noticed over the years gay guys have become
more and more bottoms. Tops hardly exists anymore.
I wish!
Maybe it depends on the City. Calgary and Los Angeles
had so many masculine hunks. Here all you can find are
a bunch of dizzy queens. Even if a gay guy says he is
a top, there's a good chance he is actually a bottom who
is ashamed of it. Many people mis-identify their position.
Most of the tops now are just bottoms who who identify
with being tops. In addition to Gay and Queer and Trans
and such there are positional misclassifications.
Post by JTEM is Magic
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/LGBT
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-13 18:58:33 UTC
Post by Mike
Maybe it depends on the City. Calgary and Los Angeles
had so many masculine hunks. Here all you can find are
a bunch of dizzy queens. Even if a gay guy says he is
a top, there's a good chance he is actually a bottom who
is ashamed of it. Many people mis-identify their position.
Most of the tops now are just bottoms who who identify
with being tops. In addition to Gay and Queer and Trans
and such there are positional misclassifications.
I thought the world was getting over that stuff.

But, yes, roles mattered a lot. In one of the old Sopranos episodes they
find out a mafia Captain is gay, which is a no-no. AND THEN they hear
he was 'catching, not pitching' and there's no mercy at all for the guy.

I just figured that the bum has a lot of nerve endings, which it does, and
that a lot of guys get off on the pressure it places on their prostate so,
good for them. I'm not into that. It's not a judgment thing, it's not about
which "Role" I'm going to "Play," the mechanics don't do it for me. Not
interested.

Not offended. Not like I think it's gross or anything, being a bottom, it
just isn't me.

I actually have a great deal of appreciation for a good bottom. And even
respect. Yes, respect. It wasn't that long ago when it was harder to be
identified as a bottom than a top, like they were somehow more gay, less
of a man. So it took a lot more strength to be a bottom.

Which is why you probably perceived there being a lot more tops in
yesteryear.

...the old joke, which they used on "Six Feet Under," was that
"Versatile" was code for "Total bottom but doesn't want to admit it."

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/658286076111339520
Mike
2021-10-13 19:31:38 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
Post by Mike
[...]
Just the sight of a guys ass turns me off. I guess something about
asses remind me of a women. Not that I have anything against women
but I thought being gay mean't being attracted to the masculine.
Post by JTEM is Magic
Not offended. Not like I think it's gross or anything, being a bottom, it
just isn't me.
It isn't me either. Guys should prefer a sword fight not have their asses
sticking up in the air.
Post by JTEM is Magic
I actually have a great deal of appreciation for a good bottom. And even
respect. Yes, respect. It wasn't that long ago when it was harder to be
identified as a bottom than a top, like they were somehow more gay, less
of a man. So it took a lot more strength to be a bottom.
Just the idea that you are bringing this up means there are lots who
don't respect them. I don't really talk to anyone about these subjects.
I make my own observations and come to my own conclusions. It makes
me feel not so crazy when others see the same things I do.
Post by JTEM is Magic
Which is why you probably perceived there being a lot more tops in
yesteryear.
...the old joke, which they used on "Six Feet Under," was that
"Versatile" was code for "Total bottom but doesn't want to admit it."
I know I have some issues that I need to work out but it's hard
to work anything out when you're dealing with people who have
all kinds of various problems.
Post by JTEM is Magic
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/658286076111339520
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-13 22:14:32 UTC
Just the sight of a guys ass turns me off. I guess something about
asses remind me of a women. Not that I have anything against women
but I thought being gay mean't being attracted to the masculine.
I guess there's more than one idea of masculine. There's a whole "Fem Boi"
sub culture -- guys into pretty, effeminate males. But they're still males.

To me, there's a big difference between guys and gals. A soft guy is still a
guy. And if I can't tell? Then it's a different story.
Post by JTEM is Magic
Not offended. Not like I think it's gross or anything, being a bottom, it
just isn't me.
It isn't me either. Guys should prefer a sword fight not have their asses
sticking up in the air.
Oh, I wouldn't go that far. I wouldn't mind a good bottom. Wouldn't have to
be one but if they were that's okay with me.
Post by JTEM is Magic
I actually have a great deal of appreciation for a good bottom. And even
respect. Yes, respect. It wasn't that long ago when it was harder to be
identified as a bottom than a top, like they were somehow more gay, less
of a man. So it took a lot more strength to be a bottom.
Just the idea that you are bringing this up means there are lots who
don't respect them.
There were. In ye days of olde, only bottoms were considered hobo textuals.
The Navy went so far as to recruit handsome young men to flush out the
NoGoodNicks by having sex with them. But that they weren't "receptive" so
they were men...

It really happened. They recruited handsome young men who testified to
everything from hand jobs on up, and navy officers lost their careers...
prosecuted for being homos.
Post by JTEM is Magic
...the old joke, which they used on "Six Feet Under," was that
"Versatile" was code for "Total bottom but doesn't want to admit it."
I know I have some issues that I need to work out but it's hard
to work anything out when you're dealing with people who have
all kinds of various problems.
Well I'm the relationship oriented type, so it was never a big issue. I mean,
there was plenty of time to get to know each other.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/658286076111339520
Mike
2021-10-13 22:56:52 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
...the old joke, which they used on "Six Feet Under," was that
"Versatile" was code for "Total bottom but doesn't want to admit it."
I know I have some issues that I need to work out but it's hard
to work anything out when you're dealing with people who have
all kinds of various problems.
Well I'm the relationship oriented type, so it was never a big issue. I mean,
there was plenty of time to get to know each other.
I'm the relationship type too, especially so long as I am not in one. Once
I am with someone it doesn't take long for despondence to set in. The
fantasy is generally more palatable than the reality.
Post by JTEM is Magic
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/658286076111339520
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-13 23:11:36 UTC
Post by Mike
I'm the relationship type too, especially so long as I am not in one. Once
I am with someone it doesn't take long for despondence to set in. The
fantasy is generally more palatable than the reality.
Reality is always better. It's the discovery. It's when someone makes you happy
by being with you.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/658286076111339520
Mike
2021-10-13 23:43:43 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
Post by Mike
I'm the relationship type too, especially so long as I am not in one. Once
I am with someone it doesn't take long for despondence to set in. The
fantasy is generally more palatable than the reality.
Reality is always better. It's the discovery. It's when someone makes you happy
by being with you.
What goes up must come down !
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-14 01:07:10 UTC
Post by Mike
What goes up must come down !
If you won't take them at their worst, you don't deserve them at their best.

That works both ways.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664978076018556928