Computer (tech) question
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-14 06:07:23 UTC
How do I share 100 Gig files between Apple and
Windows machines?

A have a "Network" drive that is as flow as old
people shit. Seriously. You would grow VERY
bored copying over a 4 Gig file. I seriously wonder
if there are even enough days to copy five 100
Gig files TWICE -- to the drive from one machine,
to the other machine from the drive...

I tried formatting a drive to exfat, which is a
Microsoft format -- invented by Team Windows --
and I have never managed to get a Windows
machine to recognize such a drive...

I wanted some easy, fast AND SECURE way to
share files between the two operating systems.

Ideas?

-- -

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664978076018556928
Mike
2021-10-14 06:25:35 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
How do I share 100 Gig files between Apple and
Windows machines?
A have a "Network" drive that is as flow as old
people shit. Seriously. You would grow VERY
bored copying over a 4 Gig file. I seriously wonder
if there are even enough days to copy five 100
Gig files TWICE -- to the drive from one machine,
to the other machine from the drive...
I tried formatting a drive to exfat, which is a
Microsoft format -- invented by Team Windows --
and I have never managed to get a Windows
machine to recognize such a drive...
I wanted some easy, fast AND SECURE way to
share files between the two operating systems.
Ideas?
I am not a Mac user so I can't give exact details, but I think
NTFS might be the best way to go.

How to Use NTFS Drives on Mac
https://www.howtogeek.com/236055/how-to-write-to-ntfs-drives-on-a-mac/

I'm not advising this you will have to look into it. I'm just trying to lead
you in the right direction.

NTFS

Post by JTEM is Magic
-- -