The NSA Keywords: How to mark yourself as a terrorist
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-10 17:08:18 UTC
So you must've seen Men in Black.

Right?

One of the jokes was that the "Real" news came from
those crazy supermarket rags, like the Weekly World
News, which everyone else passes off as lowbrow
entertainment -- sort of comic books for adults.

...one famous headline proclaimed that a WWII
bomber was found on the moon. This was later
followed up by a headline shockingly proclaiming that
the WWII bomber on the moon disappeared! That,
people looked and just couldn't find it...

https://tinyurl.com/3bh99krh

Anyhow, so Men in Black represented these supermarket
rags as the REAL news, and it turns out they may have
been right, because "Weekly World News" has turned up
on the list of Keywords the NSA searches out:

https://www.businessinsider.com/nsa-prism-keywords-for-domestic-spying-2013-6

Actually, the list seems so random it actually crossed my
mind that it might be built dynamically. You know, everyone
who searches on it might find a different list? Perhaps even
feeding off their browser history.

Oo! The tangled webs we do weave...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664590992284008449
Mike
2021-10-10 17:50:43 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
[...]
I've seen far better pictures and videos taken on Mars
than I have seen the moon. There are almost no close
up high resolution images of anything on the Moon,
which I still find very strange for Earths nearest
celestial neighbor. We should have amazing drone
footage of craters mountains and canyons, but I
have never seen anything except in movies. Why
do you think that is?
Post by JTEM is Magic
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664590992284008449
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-10 18:51:57 UTC
Post by Mike
I've seen far better pictures and videos taken on Mars
than I have seen the moon. There are almost no close
up high resolution images of anything on the Moon,
which I still find very strange for Earths nearest
celestial neighbor. We should have amazing drone
footage of craters mountains and canyons, but I
have never seen anything except in movies. Why
do you think that is?
I've wondered about the same thing.

Lack of interest?

Could be that the moon is just far enough away that it
would require a costly payload launch, but also close
enough & well enough explored to not justify the expense.

Would sending a payload to the moon cost THAT MUCH
less than a payload to Mars, Venus or Europa? Seems that
once it's out of orbit, it's just kind of cruising to the
destination...

CONSPIRACY?!?

As sources point out, there have been plans floating around
for moon bases at least since Eisenhower. Imagine a
military base with 3 days warning of an attack! After all, it
could take that long for a warhead launched from earth to
reach the moon. Once a full scale colony was completed, the
1% would likely invite WWIII, thinking they'd just ride out the
next thousand years before re settling the planet.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664677814901096448
Mike
2021-10-10 19:08:42 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
Post by Mike
I've seen far better pictures and videos taken on Mars
than I have seen the moon. There are almost no close
up high resolution images of anything on the Moon,
which I still find very strange for Earths nearest
celestial neighbor. We should have amazing drone
footage of craters mountains and canyons, but I
have never seen anything except in movies. Why
do you think that is?
I've wondered about the same thing.
Lack of interest?
Could be that the moon is just far enough away that it
would require a costly payload launch, but also close
enough & well enough explored to not justify the expense.
Would sending a payload to the moon cost THAT MUCH
less than a payload to Mars, Venus or Europa? Seems that
once it's out of orbit, it's just kind of cruising to the
destination...
Even the Mount Polomar Hale telescope or the Hubble
telescope pointing at the Mood would bring out incredible
detail. And now we have many massive earth bound reflectors
capable of filtering out the atmospheric effects. . Anyone who
has been into astronomy has looked at it. It's pretty much the
only thing interesting in the sky that the human eye can see.
I don't know why you say there is no interest. I would be interested.
I think it could be incredible scenery, similar to photographs and
videos we have of the Grand Canyon.

If you you aim a backyard telescope to the Andromeda
Galaxy, it's not much to see and kind of boring. Those
incredible images come from long time exposure, some are
exposed for months on end. Certainly the Moon cannot be such
a difficult target for Earth based photography. I prefer to see
drone footage though because it would be more animated. It's
hard for me to believe such footage doesn't exist already. I don't
think every mission is disclosed to the public. What are your
thoughts about this? A good analogy to me would be the
city of Chicago. It's one of the hugest cities in the States
but I hardly hear much of it. New York and Los Angeles
are disproportionately more famous.
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-10 19:29:16 UTC
Post by Mike
Even the Mount Polomar Hale telescope or the Hubble
telescope pointing at the Mood would bring out incredible
detail.
I've thought the same thing.
Post by Mike
And now we have many massive earth bound reflectors
capable of filtering out the atmospheric effects. . Anyone who
has been into astronomy has looked at it. It's pretty much the
only thing interesting in the sky that the human eye can see.
I don't know why you say there is no interest. I would be interested.
I think it could be incredible scenery, similar to photographs and
videos we have of the Grand Canyon.
Scientific interest.

You apply for observatory time. Generally you write out a proposal, you
don't just put your name on a sign-up sheet. Science is heavily biased
towards the "Newer," the bigger & better. The moon is not new. People
have walked on it.

I have no idea what their priorities are.

Exoplanets?

Blackholes?

Potential asteroid threats?

But it could be a case where images of the moon are simply a very,
Very, *Very* low priority.
Post by Mike
If you you aim a backyard telescope to the Andromeda
Galaxy, it's not much to see and kind of boring. Those
incredible images come from long time exposure, some are
exposed for months on end. Certainly the Moon cannot be such
a difficult target for Earth based photography. I prefer to see
drone footage though because it would be more animated.
The moons atmosphere is incredibly thin, much thinner than even
Mars. Drones would have to be rocket powered -- which is doable.
Sort of like a cruise missile. On the bright side the gravity is only a
fraction felt here on earth, so there would be a lot less force pulling
it down.
Post by Mike
It's
hard for me to believe such footage doesn't exist already.
Again, I've thought the same thing.
Post by Mike
I don't
think every mission is disclosed to the public.
Definitely not. The question is why would they hide it?

If it's the military then "Hiding" is kind of the default. But decades
of moon launches would be damn hard to conceal, and the
death of journalism isn't that old!
Post by Mike
What are your
thoughts about this? A good analogy to me would be the
city of Chicago. It's one of the hugest cities in the States
but I hardly hear much of it. New York and Los Angeles
are disproportionately more famous.
At the same time I had absolutely zero difficulty finding the
number of murders committed in Chicago, which is quite high,
but I just pulled up three different cites that avoided it for NYC.

AND THEY WERE ON THE NYC CRIME RATE FOR 2021!

I checked multiple cites and they all talked percentages, not
hard numbers.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664684434922078208
Mike
2021-10-10 20:18:07 UTC
Post by Mike
[...]
How hard would it be to fling a camera down from a orbiting
satellite of which there has been many? The Moon has no
atmosphere so it would make it to the surface without burning
up. How hard would it be to fling down a 8K GoPro with powerful
Bluetooth relay? I really don't see what's so difficult to do.
Post by JTEM is Magic
Post by Mike
If you you aim a backyard telescope to the Andromeda
Galaxy, it's not much to see and kind of boring. Those
incredible images come from long time exposure, some are
exposed for months on end. Certainly the Moon cannot be such
a difficult target for Earth based photography. I prefer to see
drone footage though because it would be more animated.
The moons atmosphere is incredibly thin, much thinner than even
Mars. Drones would have to be rocket powered -- which is doable.
Sort of like a cruise missile. On the bright side the gravity is only a
fraction felt here on earth, so there would be a lot less force pulling
it down.
The lack of atmosphere should make things so much easier
to my thinking. It's not going to burn up while it's going down.
The camera doesn't have to be recovered.
The trajectory could easily be controlled with rockets. Isn't that
how the Lunar lander got down?
Post by Mike
I don't
think every mission is disclosed to the public.
Definitely not. The question is why would they hide it?
I have no idea why they would do that. Even if there was
something we shouldn't see that wouldn't be a problem for
them. The fact that there are no images seems to me a glaring
beacon to to something suspicious.
Post by Mike
What are your
thoughts about this? A good analogy to me would be the
city of Chicago. It's one of the hugest cities in the States
but I hardly hear much of it. New York and Los Angeles
are disproportionately more famous.
At the same time I had absolutely zero difficulty finding the
number of murders committed in Chicago, which is quite high,
but I just pulled up three different cites that avoided it for NYC.
AND THEY WERE ON THE NYC CRIME RATE FOR 2021!
I checked multiple cites and they all talked percentages, not
hard numbers.
Well, as your topic in a couple threads, it depends on what
you are looking for and what you want to find. I didn't do
any search by the way, I just went by my feelings. Even though
I've been there once, I know little about life three. When I went
for a visit it seemed like an ominous place to me. It came
across so dark and dreary.
Post by JTEM is Magic
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664684434922078208
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-10 22:12:50 UTC
Post by Mike
How hard would it be to fling a camera down from a orbiting
satellite of which there has been many? The Moon has no
atmosphere so it would make it to the surface without burning
up. How hard would it be to fling down a 8K GoPro with powerful
Bluetooth relay? I really don't see what's so difficult to do.
Not difficult at all. Just cost money and the money comes down to
priorities.
Post by Mike
Post by JTEM is Magic
The moons atmosphere is incredibly thin, much thinner than even
Mars. Drones would have to be rocket powered -- which is doable.
Sort of like a cruise missile. On the bright side the gravity is only a
fraction felt here on earth, so there would be a lot less force pulling
it down.
The lack of atmosphere should make things so much easier
to my thinking. It's not going to burn up while it's going down.
The camera doesn't have to be recovered.
All true. But, there's no atmosphere for wings or propellers either. So
one you get there you either roll around on an explorer vehicle or you
fly on something like a cruise missile. Both off the shelf technology
but we are talking payload here, and payload means money.
Post by Mike
The trajectory could easily be controlled with rockets. Isn't that
how the Lunar lander got down?
I agree with everything you've said. I'm only cautioning that the lack
of information is hardly limited to the moon. Like I said, a lot of what
they're telling us about Mars is bullshit.
Post by Mike
Post by JTEM is Magic
The question is why would they hide it?
I have no idea why they would do that. Even if there was
something we shouldn't see that wouldn't be a problem for
them. The fact that there are no images seems to me a glaring
beacon to to something suspicious.
Any more so than NASA's mission in search of life on Mars which
they stated is AVOIDING the most promising sites? I already brought
up the optics that can't see bacterial life as we know it.

What I'm saying is even if the mission happens tomorrow, we probably
wouldn't see much of the results.
Post by Mike
Well, as your topic in a couple threads, it depends on what
you are looking for and what you want to find. I didn't do
any search by the way, I just went by my feelings. Even though
I've been there once, I know little about life three. When I went
for a visit it seemed like an ominous place to me. It came
across so dark and dreary.
Chicago is more than one city. "The Loop" is the good part, the downtown
part. The rest of it mostly sucks.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664684434922078208