Vegetarian question
WH
2008-07-31 10:58:26 UTC
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they made of meat?

WH
Docrodile
2008-07-31 11:27:29 UTC
Post by WH
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they made of meat?
WH
As an ovo-lacto vegetarian, it's my sacred duty to remind you, and all flesh
eaters, that humans are made of meat, too.
So, did God want us to eat our own species?
I don't think so.
Ya know, soy, grains, legumes, veggies, fruits, nuts can really be combined
into many tasty, nutritious combinations and textures, and wonderfully
flavored with a huge array of spices.
Now, why do you suppose so many vegans/vegetarians are just as healthy as
flesh eaters? I have no problems since I started 3 years ago.
My cholesterol, fat, salt, sugar, potassium, etc., levels are regularly
tested and the blood lab reports I'm doing just fine.
I started eliminating animal flesh from my diet when I saw the treatment the
various animals received -- constrictive, short-lived, tortured, bizarre
lives simply to keep an 'intelligent, resourceful' species, homo sapien,
alive. It seemed cruel and ridiculous to me.
We need to use some more of our self-vaulted intelligence and ingenuity, and
our compassion, too, to seek other forms of nourishment.
Our closest animal relative, simians, eat little flesh and have mostly a
vegetarian-esque daily diet. We're supposed to have the brains, compassion,
resourcefulness that gives us the ability the simians lack, and that
superior ability can be used to totally stop butchering animals for our
nourishment.
No vegetarian denies that meat doesn't taste good, or that the many kinds of
flesh consumed aren't popular amongst the entire human species, and
throughout recorded history.
Nor do we think that flesh eaters are evil or morally inferior.
It's that we think they are, however, uninformed and/or lack the motivation
to use that "superior ability" to move onto a more sane,
environmentally-friendly, nonviolent form of feeding themselves...that is
just as tasty and nutritiously sound.

Doc ;))~
WH
2008-07-31 14:50:25 UTC
Post by Docrodile
Post by WH
[...]
A simple haha would have sufficed!

WH
Docrodile
2008-07-31 16:48:24 UTC
Post by Docrodile
Post by WH
[...]

Blame it on an overdose of soy.

Doc ;))~
Mike
2008-07-31 15:58:38 UTC
Post by Docrodile
Post by WH
[...]
I have been mostly eliminated meat from my diet also. It's too expensive.
Meat is expensive and the cost of eating it could add up to tens of
thousands of dollars over a lifetime. At first it was hard, but I am used to
it now. Also, when I was a teenager, we went to a farm with a Muslim family
to kill a goat. They did such a brutal job and they did not know what they
were doing. It was horrible. The goat suffered an excruciating death as the
knife was jabbed into its throat as it screamed. I have never eaten goat
since.

I like chicken, but when say my Grandmother hartlessly kill one for food by
twisting its neck off then put the still living thing in a big giant pot of
boiling water as it squirmed. I could not eat it. The gross guts that she
cut out made it even more disgusting. I like my chicken sanatary, packaged,
store brought for me to eat it.

Since Werewolf posted the video of a pig being slaughtered recently, I have
felt queasy about pig too. That video was not that bad but some cultures I
know torture the pig by causing it extreme pain. Supposedly doing this
makes the meat taste better. It's gross to make animals suffer like that.
And just think, humans do even worse to each other.
Post by Docrodile
[...]
The cost of meat should be enough to stop us. India is only 1/2 the size of
the Unites States and supports a population three times that of the USA. It
exports tons of food to the rest of the world. Americans use lots of land
mostly for raising cows for an elite population. Fertile land is cultivated
for golf courses and ornamental vegetation, like lawns and cherry trees that
don't bare any fruit. I have never been to India or China, but they must be
more efficient at agriculture than we are. How could they export so much
food? Probably they don't use as much land for meat production as here.
Doc ;))~
John Lemke
2008-08-01 02:53:02 UTC
Post by Mike
The cost of meat should be enough to stop us. India is only 1/2 the size of
the Unites States and supports a population three times that of the USA. It
exports tons of food to the rest of the world. Americans use lots of land
mostly for raising cows for an elite population. Fertile land is cultivated
for golf courses and ornamental vegetation, like lawns and cherry trees that
don't bare any fruit. I have never been to India or China, but they must be
more efficient at agriculture than we are. How could they export so much
food? Probably they don't use as much land for meat production as here.
Spectacular observation. Necessity is the mother of production.
Americans aren't hungry enough yet to do away with their golf
courses.

I always respect people's views on food, animals and hunting. As long
as they stay out of my woods.

I think Chris's hands would fit a bow nicely, his backside a
treestand.

I also think people should have a more intimate understanding of what
it takes to put food on the table. There's something very primal
about slaughtering an animal. Brings out the stoneage in the most
civilized person. Killing, skinning and butchering wrings all the
shiny floors and muzak of the grocery store out of your soul. An
object lesson in what it takes to stay at the top of the food chain.

The first deer I ever took was with a bow. Arrow cleanly thru the
ribs and heart/lungs. I saw it run 75 yards, stop for a few seconds
then drop hard on the ground. It was finished but still tried to run
rustling up the thick coppered leaves and digging the ground a bit.
When I climbed down out of the tree I picked the arrow up in stride,
stuck in the ground after it passed all the way thru. Interesting how
it was covered in blood from the chisel point of the broadhead to the
nock. Pinkish blood blown on the ground every few feet as the deer
ran away from the spot where I'd hit it.

I carefully cut it open from crotch to sternum not wanting any of the
contents of it's intestines spraying in my face. Cut away all the
connective tissues and pulled it's guts out. Liver, cut open the
stomach to see what it had been eating. Corn? Acorns? Soy beans?

Got to the diaphragm and stopped. Thought for a second as to how to
proceed then made cut near the center then out to find the edge and
follow it round the ribs. When I made that cut the last of the air in
the deer's chest hissed out. Completely, totally mystical experience
leaving me yearning for a club and a loincloth.

All this before tick borne disease inspired us to wear gloves when
field dressing. We used to end up with blood up past our bare elbows
after reaching way up to cut the windpipe out.

Not exaclty like twisting a pepper off a plant in the garden.
Pers3id
2008-08-01 02:59:49 UTC
Post by John Lemke
I carefully cut it open from crotch to sternum not wanting any of the
contents of it's intestines spraying in my face.
Well, there's another type of meat no longer on Mike's dietary list.
Mike
2008-08-01 04:55:24 UTC
Post by Pers3id
Post by John Lemke
I carefully cut it open from crotch to sternum not wanting any of the
contents of it's intestines spraying in my face.
Well, there's another type of meat no longer on Mike's dietary list.
After that story, definatenly not, but I probably wouldn't have eaten it
anyhow. I don't like to try that many new things from the 'animal kingdom'.

Any vegitation that is safe to eat, I might try once to see if I like it.
John Lemke
He'd get used it. :-)
Werewolfy
2008-08-01 09:52:03 UTC
Post by John Lemke
All this before tick borne disease inspired us to wear gloves when
field dressing. �We used to end up with blood up past our bare elbows
after reaching way up to cut the windpipe out.
Not exaclty like twisting a pepper off a plant in the garden.
I just couldn't do that, Randy. Not the dissection part I mean, that's
easy enough (other than for the smell) no, kill animals for
sport..even if it is also for food. If there is an element of pleasure
from stalking and hunting one, then I don't care for that at all.
Now people are different. I have no qualms about hacking a few humans
apart, but draw the line at consuming them, even though human tastes
rather like pork.
I have a house full of taxidermy, stuffed animals everywhere; but all
are Victorian specimens and I have no control over the actions of long-
dead Naturalists.
One of the things I dislike about guns, is the impersonal ease with
which they may be used. It's very simple to wave the gun towards a
kitten and pull the trigger..no real sense of actually 'killing'. Not
a real sense as in a direct physical killing, such as holding it's
little furry head under water and push and push until it stops
fighting and wriggling. Guns make killing easy and anyone can do it.
I couldn't drown a kitten like that, so I would never shoot one.
Damned guns are an effective a tool for transferring any feeling of
conscience.

Hey; if you like using bare hands to 'explore' the interior of
meat...try some of the pretty road accidents I've been to. God, but
some were gory. Bits and pieces everywhere, and it was always the
Police who 'cleaned up'. Train suicides are interesting
too...thousands of red sticky bits spread over a mile or so, all to be
collected and put into a dustbin liner bag.

I would have looked at your deer, smiled and watch it happily graze.

People...well, that's another matter!

Werewolfy
John Lemke
2008-08-01 12:03:16 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
Post by John Lemke
All this before tick borne disease inspired us to wear gloves when
field dressing. �We used to end up with blood up past our bare elbows
after reaching way up to cut the windpipe out.
Not exaclty like twisting a pepper off a plant in the garden.
I just couldn't do that, Randy. Not the dissection part I mean, that's
easy enough (other than for the smell) no, kill animals for
sport..even if it is also for food. If there is an element of pleasure
from stalking and hunting one, then I don't care for that at all.
The smell only gets to me after you kill more than one at a time.

The meat's good. The overpopulation of the deer is obviously harming
the herd here. Inbreeding showing a toll. That, increased vehicle/
deer accidents and crop damage makes me feel as tho I'm doing my civic
duty by killing Bambi and even his mother.
Post by Werewolfy
Now people are different. I have no qualms about hacking a few humans
apart, but draw the line at consuming them, even though human tastes
rather like pork.
So I've heard. Glad I know what you look like before I travel abroad,
Ricky. I'll be looking closely at the person I sit next to on the
plane. :-)
Post by Werewolfy
I have a house full of taxidermy, stuffed animals everywhere; but all
are Victorian specimens and I have no control over the actions of long-
dead Naturalists.
One of the things I dislike about guns, is the impersonal ease with
which they may be used. It's very simple to wave the gun towards a
kitten and pull the trigger..no real sense of actually 'killing'.
Not like watching it sail over a third floor balcony. :-)
Post by Werewolfy
Not
a real sense as in a direct physical killing, such as holding it's
little furry head under water and push and push until it stops
fighting and wriggling. Guns make killing easy and anyone can do it.
I couldn't drown a kitten like that, so I would never shoot one.
Damned guns are an effective a tool for transferring any feeling of
conscience.
Hey; if you like using bare hands to 'explore' the interior of
meat...try some of the pretty road accidents I've been to. God, but
some were gory. Bits and pieces everywhere, and it was always the
Police who 'cleaned up'.
I have a smaller idea than you of what that's about. My volunteerism
started at age 16 back when you could take an advanced first aid
course and become an ambulence attendant with a local volunteer fire
department. The training and doing your job kicks in with the blood
and gore. I remember the pleading more than the injuries.
Post by Werewolfy
Train suicides are interesting
too...thousands of red sticky bits spread over a mile or so, all to be
collected and put into a dustbin liner bag.
That's something I could pass on. And makes it a lot easier to
understand how you feel about these things.
Post by Werewolfy
I would have looked at your deer, smiled and watch it happily graze.
We do a lot of that too. Makes 'em fat for fall.
Post by Werewolfy
People...well, that's another matter!
:-)

Best wishes and highest regards.
Werewolfy
2008-08-01 12:56:04 UTC
On 1 Aug, 13:03, John Lemke <***@locallink.net> wrote:

"I remember the pleading more than the injuries."

I hated that too..haunting, even today. That nasty gurgling as they
were about to die is another noise that I try to forget, but can't.
I remember one train suicide when people were on the embankment all
watching the 'fun'. I found the man's head lying in the shrubbery, so
picked it up and turned to the watchers...then, like a ventriloquist
used one hand to operate his jaw and sang, 'I ain't got no body' to
the now horrified crowd of ghouls.
Yes, sometimes these things had an amusing side..it's a defence
mechanism I fancy..one that makes humour put horror into shadow.
Doesn't really work in the long term though.

I could club seals easily enough...but not shoot them. Something 'un-
English' about that..not very fair to use an impersonal weapon! If
animals need culling for any of the many reasons suggested, then
that's fine. Perhaps it's the Neanderthal in me that prefers this sort
of combat to be more...balanced....than simply shooting the things!
Mind, when the animal is equipped with huge teeth, claws and massive
strength, such as a lion or tiger, I'll put my preferences on hold,
and grab the biggest gun available...;)

I suppose the only animals I have reservations about killing, are
Dolphins and Whales. They exhibit remarkable intelligence and perhaps
have a culture and logic superior even to our own...no one really
knows.

I don't subscribe to vegetarians..or their life style (Doc..I'll not
include you in this generality) they seem to be rather a cult group,
not the sort of people I could warm too...although that applies to
most of the Planet, it applies more to cult members than it does to
other people. Usually weedy looking men wearing glasses and wispy
moustaches with a distinct lack of character. Dull lot, vegetarians,
as a rule. Keep talking about wonderful nut cutlets and soya
beans...bit boring really.

Good aiming John; I promise, should I see you on a 'plane, not to eat
you...;)

Werewolfy
John Lemke
2008-08-02 17:22:49 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
"I remember the pleading more than the injuries."
I hated that too..haunting, even today. That nasty gurgling as they
were about to die is another noise that I try to forget, but can't.
I remember one train suicide when people were on the embankment all
watching the 'fun'. I found the man's head lying in the shrubbery, so
picked it up and turned to the watchers...then, like a ventriloquist
used one hand to operate his jaw and sang, 'I ain't got no body' to
the now horrified crowd of ghouls.
Yes, sometimes these things had an amusing side..it's a defence
mechanism I fancy..one that makes humour put horror into shadow.
Doesn't really work in the long term though.
True, but that's the hardest I've ever laughed at anything I've read
on Usenet. The ghouls had it coming.

The fourth ambulance run I went on (still in training) involved a
complicated 4 vehicle accident on a state highway. Actually 2
separate head on collisions with an 8 year old girl caught in between
two cars in the second head on. There wasn't a piece of metal or glass
bigger than a dime 30 feet either side of the point of the final
impact.

Got to the scene and it looked like a sporting event. Lights from
police vehicles illuminating everything. Must have been at least 100
spectactors there. Odd in the midst of all this, at the time, was the
strong smell of hops.

My vehicle had to slowly wade thru the crowd. My trainer told me to
get out of the ambulance, walk by the side door as it made it's way
thru the crowd backing up to where the victims were.

I got out, nudged a few people out of my way, got to the door and a
guy I knew from an upper class in high school said, "Stand back, John,
the ambulance is trying to get thru."

I said, "Thanks, Jeff, I'm with the ambulance."
Post by Werewolfy
I could club seals easily enough...but not shoot them. Something 'un-
English' about that..not very fair to use an impersonal weapon! If
animals need culling for any of the many reasons suggested, then
that's fine. Perhaps it's the Neanderthal in me that prefers this sort
of combat to be more...balanced....than simply shooting the things!
Mind, when the animal is equipped with huge teeth, claws and massive
strength, such as a lion or tiger, I'll put my preferences on hold,
and grab the biggest gun available...;)
There ya go. We're only able to use what the State mandates here.
And for years there's been nothing in the woods bigger and badder than
the hunter. With mountain lions and bears returning to our area it's
made things a bit more interesting walking to or from our stands in
the dark. Nothing like walking out of your spot in the light of the
morning and seeing deer guts hanging in a tree that you didn't see
when you walked in in the dark. (didn't happen to me) Mountain lion
kills are pretty violent.

Basic rule tho is never bring a knife to a knife fight. :-)
Post by Werewolfy
I suppose the only animals I have reservations about killing, are
Dolphins and Whales. They exhibit remarkable intelligence and perhaps
have a culture and logic superior even to our own...no one really
knows.
Agreed.
Post by Werewolfy
I don't subscribe to vegetarians..or their life style (Doc..I'll not
include you in this generality) they seem to be rather a cult group,
not the sort of people I could warm too...although that applies to
most of the Planet, it applies more to cult members than it does to
other people. Usually weedy looking men wearing glasses and wispy
moustaches with a distinct lack of character. Dull lot, vegetarians,
as a rule. Keep talking about wonderful nut cutlets and soya
beans...bit boring really.
Lots of Seventh Day Adventists around here so we see a broader
demographic in general in that regard. All big on the health message
but with varying degrees of masculinity. :-)
Post by Werewolfy
Good aiming John;
Thanks, practice makes perfect.
Post by Werewolfy
I promise, should I see you on a 'plane, not to eat
you...;)
Now all I have to do is get you to promise not to cut me into little
piece. :-)
Werewolfy
2008-08-02 23:37:13 UTC
Post by John Lemke
The fourth ambulance run I went on (still in training) involved a
complicated 4 vehicle accident on a state highway. �Actually 2
separate head on collisions with an 8 year old girl caught in between
two cars in the second head on. There wasn't a piece of metal or glass
bigger than a dime 30 feet either side of the point of the final
impact.
We both know the feeling, John. Odd, but there isn't really words to
describe such carnage, or the need to complete the 'job' in a sense of
detachment and indifference. Once you let it 'get to you', then nights
are long and filled with nasty thoughts. It isn't over even after the
cleaning..next task is to go and tell someone their son is dead. Now
that's a 'fun job' if ever there was one.
Squashed children are rather more difficult to forget. They lie rather
like messy broken dolls in the road. I hated those accidents.
Better stop this; there's more I would prefer to forget, than to
remember. Violent and horrific death is sudden and indiscrimate...seen
too many.
Too late..now I'm re-calling all of those shooting suicides. Shotguns
are a favoured weapon for that in England, and the mess is disgusting.
There's always bits of bone and brain on the ceilings to scrap off.

No wonder I take certain medicines...need to!!

Ricky
John Lemke
2008-08-04 14:54:01 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
[...]
Here the coroner and an undertaker took care of things once someone
was found to be deceased. Thus we didn't have to get closely involved
in the carnage and I never had to deal with this every day. Can only
imagine what that was like.

This sounds like a good place to end this thread.
Post by Werewolfy
No wonder I take certain medicines...need to!!
No one i know deserves a good night's sleep every night more than you,
Mr. Coleclough.
Woodswun
2008-08-04 21:40:32 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by Werewolfy
"I remember the pleading more than the injuries."
I hated that too..haunting, even today. That nasty gurgling as they
were about to die is another noise that I try to forget, but can't.
I remember one train suicide when people were on the embankment all
watching the 'fun'. I found the man's head lying in the shrubbery, so
picked it up and turned to the watchers...then, like a ventriloquist
used one hand to operate his jaw and sang, 'I ain't got no body' to
the now horrified crowd of ghouls.
Yes, sometimes these things had an amusing side..it's a defence
mechanism I fancy..one that makes humour put horror into shadow.
Doesn't really work in the long term though.
True, but that's the hardest I've ever laughed at anything I've read
on Usenet. The ghouls had it coming.
I cracked up at that, too. ^_^

Woods
John Lemke
I'm guessing you know a few things about spectators too.
Pers3id
2008-08-01 12:45:48 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
Post by John Lemke
All this before tick borne disease inspired us to wear gloves when
field dressing. ï¿œWe used to end up with blood up past our bare el
bows
Post by John Lemke
[...]
I've heard of military studies like this. Apparently the more up-close
and personal the killing is, the more difficulty people have with it.
Dropping bombs from 40,000 feet is generally much easier than sticking
a knife in somebody's sternum (for most people.. perhaps you've been
desensitized to it).

I've also heard that once people have been trained in close-in killing,
and have some experience in it, then it is very difficult for them to
adjust to a more civil and genteel way of socializing... I'm sure it's
a psychology thing.. we have the capacity for killing our kind, but
it changes us.
Post by Werewolfy
I couldn't drown a kitten like that, so I would never shoot one.
Damned guns are an effective a tool for transferring any feeling of
conscience.
Hey; if you like using bare hands to 'explore' the interior of
meat...try some of the pretty road accidents I've been to. God, but
some were gory. Bits and pieces everywhere, and it was always the
Police who 'cleaned up'. Train suicides are interesting
too...thousands of red sticky bits spread over a mile or so, all to be
collected and put into a dustbin liner bag.
I'm sure those are fun (not). I've always been intrigued, in a kind
of morbid/scientific way, by the forensics involved in criminal
investigations. Once or twice I've talked to people in that line of
work.. they generally get sent to very seedy, dangerous places to
collect evidence and process some violent crime.
Post by Werewolfy
I would have looked at your deer, smiled and watch it happily graze.
No, that was John's deer.. although, I wouldn't hesitate to kill an
animal for food.. I just don't get much practice at it living in the
city.
Werewolfy
Mike
2008-08-01 15:50:26 UTC
Post by Pers3id
Post by John Lemke
[...]
Interesting you say that because that is how life seems to work. If you do
something long enough, eventually you adapt and it becomes normal. If I
don't like something, I try it a few times. Maybe I will start liking it.

Same for music, some songs are horrible at first. After hearing them
awhile, it grows on you. Killing you probably gets used after you've killed
a few people. After a time, it might grow on you and you enjoy it.

Obviously many like it. After a time, like driving, reading, or playing an
instrument, things just becomes automatic. You don't even realize you are
doing it anymore. You might not even be able to change the behavior again.
Just like you can't unlearn to read once you know how to read. You can't
unlearn to drive, or swim. It is difficult to unlearn or uncondition
yourself to that you are accustomed to.
Werewolfy
Pers3id
2008-08-01 22:27:52 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by John Lemke
[...]
That's why we're trained from birth to obey laws and be generally civil
to one another. Only a very few people in very specific circumstances
are trained to kill other people.

I don't believe doing something a lot always results in a person
liking it though. There are lots of things I have to do habitually
which I don't necessarily like (like laundry).
Werewolfy
Mike
2008-08-01 23:29:45 UTC
Post by Pers3id
Post by Mike
Post by John Lemke
[...]
You are right. What I said only applies sometimes. When washing dishes, I
hate to do the metal cutlery and plastic things. I especially hate the pots.
I only like washing glass items. Makes me wonder why some things learn to
enjoy, others you can't seem to. Maybe some behaviors are in your genes.
Maybe it takes lots of will power to force yourself to like something. Maybe
it's just impossible, like a gay person going straight.

Anthony Robbins says you can link tasks you dislike with one you do. For
instance, play a nice song while doing laundry. When you hear the song, It
will make you feel like doing laundry. If someone hated laundry, but knew a
luscious woman at a laundrymart, they would want to go. I'm not sure if this
always works, but I know some circumstances where it does. I don't like
working out at the gum, but I programmed myself to enjoy it by associating
my workout sessions nice music. Once I get to the gym and listen to the
music, and anticipate that there might be someone I like, I get into it. It's
actually enjoyable and the discomfort was just a mental thing.
Werewolfy
Werewolfy
2008-08-01 23:46:52 UTC
You are right. �What I said only applies sometimes. When washing dishes, I
hate to do the metal cutlery and plastic things. I especially hate the pots.
Never saw much point in washing up cutlery, or pots and plates; they
only get covered in old food again, might as well just not bother and
re-use them without all of that tiresome washing up! Having a hungry
dog helps of course. They seem to love washing up the crockery..always
leave the plates etc clean after they have finished licking them for
you.

Werewolfy...who regards social graces and accepted behaviour as
mediocre.
Docrodile
2008-08-02 03:50:46 UTC
You are right. �What I said only applies sometimes. When washing dishes, I
hate to do the metal cutlery and plastic things. I especially hate the pots.
Never saw much point in washing up cutlery, or pots and plates; they
only get covered in old food again, might as well just not bother and
re-use them without all of that tiresome washing up! Having a hungry
dog helps of course. They seem to love washing up the crockery..always
leave the plates etc clean after they have finished licking them for
you.

Eww...yuck...*gag*...

Werewolfy...who regards social graces and accepted behaviour as
mediocre.
v***@torontomail.com
2008-08-01 11:04:47 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by Mike
The cost of meat should be enough to stop us. India is only 1/2 the size of
the Unites States and supports a population three times that of the USA. It
exports tons of food to the rest of the world. Americans use lots of land
mostly for raising cows for an elite population. Fertile land is cultivated
for golf courses and ornamental vegetation, like lawns and cherry trees that
don't bare any fruit. I have never been to India or China, but they must be
more efficient at agriculture than we are. How could they export so much
food? Probably they don't use as much land for meat production as here.
Spectacular observation. Necessity is the mother of production.
Americans aren't hungry enough yet to do away with their golf
courses.
In your posts you seem to be hoping for the day when America is a poor
third world nation where it's people will scrounge around for food.

Prosperity seems to annoy you.
John Lemke
2008-08-01 11:44:53 UTC
Post by v***@torontomail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by Mike
[...]
You're obviously a wishful thinking sheep waiting for Bill O'Reilly to
tell you what to do.
Reality clearly evades you.
v***@torontomail.com
2008-08-01 12:28:18 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by v***@torontomail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by Mike
[...]
So my not agreeing with you equates to "wishful thinking"? But I
digress,
the point I made is valid, you hope that one day America will be a
poor
third world nation, it's quite clear in your posts.
Post by John Lemke
Post by v***@torontomail.com
Prosperity seems to annoy you.
Reality clearly evades you.
Your reality involves a third world America, I'm very happy not to
be a part of your "reality".
John Lemke
2008-08-01 12:35:13 UTC
Post by v***@torontomail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by v***@torontomail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by Mike
[...]
Only if you're a fourth rate intellect.
Then you'd better move to Mexico.
Pers3id
2008-08-01 13:05:23 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by v***@torontomail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by v***@torontomail.com
Post by v***@torontomail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by v***@torontomail.com
Prosperity seems to annoy you.
Reality clearly evades you.
Your reality involves a third world America, I'm very happy not to
be a part of your "reality".
Then you'd better move to Mexico.
He's probably posting from Mexico, and makes runs across the border
at night to sell cigarettes in the US bars. In his view the US can
do no wrong.
Miss Ann Thrope
Vegetarian= poor hunter
Poldie
Surely if you're a vegetarian you're not a hunter at all.
Werewolfy
2008-08-01 18:44:36 UTC
On 1 Aug, 19:30, Poldie <***@._> wrote:

Surely if you're a vegetarian you're not a hunter at all

Some say grass screams when you cut it. Carrots and cabbages must
dread being dragged from their homes and boiled. Vegetation, after
all, is life. Because a beetroot doesn't wander around singing songs,
doesn't mean it should be excluded from inclusion in the 'all living
things' group.
More humane methods of killing cabbages must be devised.

Werewolfy
Docrodile
2008-08-01 19:18:19 UTC
Post by Poldie
Surely if you're a vegetarian you're not a hunter at all
Some say grass screams when you cut it. Carrots and cabbages must
dread being dragged from their homes and boiled. Vegetation, after
all, is life. Because a beetroot doesn't wander around singing songs,
doesn't mean it should be excluded from inclusion in the 'all living
things' group.
More humane methods of killing cabbages must be devised.
Werewolfy
I can't think of any good reason to kill right wingers nicely. It'd deprive
us leftists of the total satisfaction we richly deserve.

Doc
Werewolfy
2008-08-01 20:40:58 UTC
Post by Docrodile
I can't think of any good reason to kill right wingers nicely. It'd deprive
us leftists of the total satisfaction we richly deserve.
I'm not too well informed on the comparative nutritious values between
political factions, Doc. I would love to dine on roast Eclesiastical
though. I would even condescend to say 'Grace' before I tucked in.

Werewolfy
HughJorgan
2008-08-01 22:17:34 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
Post by Docrodile
I can't think of any good reason to kill right wingers nicely. It'd deprive
us leftists of the total satisfaction we richly deserve.
I'm not too well informed on the comparative nutritious values between
political factions, Doc. I would love to dine on roast Eclesiastical
though. I would even condescend to say 'Grace' before I tucked in.
Werewolfy
Bad news for ya' Wolfie. If you were to throw a liberal democrat/
progressive in the skillet hoping the fry up some good old mountain
oysters you'd be shit outa' luck. All modern day progressives are
considered by real men to be the new "castrati", chickified gurly men.
robw
Docrodile
2008-08-02 03:20:25 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
Post by Docrodile
I can't think of any good reason to kill right wingers nicely. It'd deprive
us leftists of the total satisfaction we richly deserve.
I'm not too well informed on the comparative nutritious values between
political factions, Doc. I would love to dine on roast Eclesiastical
though. I would even condescend to say 'Grace' before I tucked in.
Werewolfy
Bad news for ya' Wolfie. If you were to throw a liberal democrat/
progressive in the skillet hoping the fry up some good old mountain
oysters you'd be shit outa' luck. All modern day progressives are
considered by real men to be the new "castrati", chickified gurly men.

That seems a small complaint when one considers that most politicians are
whores, pricks, kiss-asses, and pussies.

Doc ;))~
unknown
2008-08-02 01:10:06 UTC
Post by Docrodile
Post by Poldie
Surely if you're a vegetarian you're not a hunter at all
Some say grass screams when you cut it. Carrots and cabbages must
dread being dragged from their homes and boiled. Vegetation, after
all, is life. Because a beetroot doesn't wander around singing songs,
doesn't mean it should be excluded from inclusion in the 'all living
things' group.
More humane methods of killing cabbages must be devised.
Werewolfy
I can't think of any good reason to kill right wingers nicely. It'd
deprive us leftists of the total satisfaction we richly deserve.
Doc
Liberals think they deserve all the money all the power.... Pleasure...

That's why the Government is supposed to see to it that they receive
what the Liberals think they deserve.
Docrodile
2008-08-02 03:48:35 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Docrodile
Post by Poldie
Surely if you're a vegetarian you're not a hunter at all
Some say grass screams when you cut it. Carrots and cabbages must
dread being dragged from their homes and boiled. Vegetation, after
all, is life. Because a beetroot doesn't wander around singing songs,
doesn't mean it should be excluded from inclusion in the 'all living
things' group.
More humane methods of killing cabbages must be devised.
Werewolfy
I can't think of any good reason to kill right wingers nicely. It'd
deprive us leftists of the total satisfaction we richly deserve.
Doc
Liberals think they deserve all the money all the power.... Pleasure...
That's why the Government is supposed to see to it that they receive what
the Liberals think they deserve.
When politicians affect my amorous bedroom liaisons adversely, I'll register
a complaint. Until then, politics has no bearing on my pursuit of personal
happiness nor measurable effect on my independence. If you think being
'liberal' is tantamount to being spoiled rotten, then, conversely, I'd posit
that being conservative is next to thinking you're nearer to god.
If I chose between being pompously righteous and preachy or earthily randy
and humanistic, I'd always pick the latter.
You can't get a a decent fucking wet dream being a sexless judgemental god.
War can give conservatives a temporal sick substitute for sensual
satisfaction, but I'd rather have all my body parts attached.
When the day arrives that one ideological movement dominates forever over
the other, that no longer will the cycle of moving from a constrictive
conservativism to a much less constrictive liberalism be repeated, then we
can lay aside any delusions that one way of tackling life's challenges is
any better than the other.
Since that day will never come, it's simply rational and mature to accept
that...you can't have it all your way all the time. Liberal or conservative.
And no sane, mature, intelligent liberal believes that thinking they deserve
"all the power..pleasure" will alter the reality of having to compromise and
share the indulgences and entertain the ideological yearnings of the other
side.
I'll leave it to conservatives to pursue war indulgently, futilely,
unnecessarily to satisfy their ideological narcissism. I'd rather seek my
"power..pleasure" by preserving, respecting human life, even my enemy's, as
the Christian god's messenger instructed all good lil' believers - who,
unfortunately, hypocritically invoke the loving words of the doctrine of
tolerance and forgiveness commonly to soothe their seared troubled
warmongering, hatemongering consciences.

Doc ;))~~~
Pers3id
2008-08-01 22:29:47 UTC
Post by Poldie
Post by Miss Ann Thrope
Post by v***@torontomail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by Mike
[...]
Stop calling me shirley.. and I hunt very well thank you very much..
I just prefer to lie here on the ground and let my food come to me.
Docrodile
Is that you, Leslie Neilsen?
WH
2008-08-01 19:40:49 UTC
[...]
That's bow and arrow talk that is!

WH
D***@gmail.com
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-04 19:32:10 UTC
The first deer I ever took was with a bow.  Arrow cleanly thru the
ribs and heart/lungs.
How gruesome.
I saw it run 75 yards,
The fact that it RAN should show you
that's it's not merely there for your
amusement; it shows that it's not
just a "piece of meat" and has
survival instincts just like you and I.
stop for a few seconds
then drop hard on the ground.
Poor baby .. :(
 It was finished but still tried to run
rustling up the thick coppered leaves and digging the ground a bit.
It was FIGHTING! Now tell me it's "nothing"
and hunters are justified in their cruel acts.

Did it cry? Whine? Wriggle?
When I climbed down out of the tree I picked the arrow up in stride,
stuck in the ground after it passed all the way thru.  Interesting how
it was covered in blood from the chisel point of the broadhead to the
nock.  Pinkish blood blown on the ground every few feet as the deer
ran away from the spot where I'd hit it.
...what a *hero* you must feel like now.

<cut, can't read anymore>

Next time someone comes into YOUR home
..(yes, that WAS the deers' HOME!) to slaughter
you for "fun" or "game" .. not for *survival* no, not
because he/she is starving and needs to survive,
but because he/she thinks it's FUN to torture and
slowly cut you to bits as you plead for your life,
remember that poor deer.

Next time, John...GO TO THE SUPERMARKET!!!

There's people out there who have no other *choice*
but to go into these animals' homes and kill them
for food in order to SURVIVE and feed their starving
family. You do it for FUN! You're not starving!

So fucking sad.

Dani
John Lemke
2008-08-04 20:41:04 UTC
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
When I climbed down out of the tree I picked the arrow up in stride,
stuck in the ground after it passed all the way thru. �Interesting how
it was covered in blood from the chisel point of the broadhead to the
nock. �Pinkish blood blown on the ground every few feet as the deer
ran away from the spot where I'd hit it.
...what a *hero* you must feel like now.
I ended up feeling full.

<snip>
Post by D***@gmail.com
Next time, John...GO TO THE SUPERMARKET!!!
That's where other people do your killing for you.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-05 01:27:15 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
When I climbed down out of the tree I picked the arrow up in stride,
stuck in the ground after it passed all the way thru. Interesting how
it was covered in blood from the chisel point of the broadhead to the
nock. Pinkish blood blown on the ground every few feet as the deer
ran away from the spot where I'd hit it.
...what a *hero* you must feel like now.
I ended up feeling full.
Of course you did...after the image of those
big brown eyes looking up at you, as he cries,
bleeds to death, and fights every minute 'till
his heart stops leaves your mind and your left
with mere slabs of meat. I can imagine the denial
you must go through.
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Next time, John...GO TO THE SUPERMARKET!!!
That's where other people do your killing for you.
I've never once eaten deer meat nor would I ever.

But I will say that when you merely see meat, the
image of that beautiful animal running from you,
petrified, then when it finally is cruelly brought
down to the ground, looking up at you with those
big brown eyes, crying in pain and fear is quite
different.

That image would never leave my mind.

And remember the deer is in his OWN turf, his
own home...he's not threatening you or your family;
and you are by far starving! I can understand people
doing it outta *necessity* - not for fun!

There are impovershed people in this world that
HAVE TO do it, ya know. To survive.
Post by John Lemke
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
Never.

Dani
John Lemke
2008-08-05 02:35:48 UTC
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
When I climbed down out of the tree I picked the arrow up in stride,
stuck in the ground after it passed all the way thru. Interesting how
it was covered in blood from the chisel point of the broadhead to the
nock. Pinkish blood blown on the ground every few feet as the deer
ran away from the spot where I'd hit it.
...what a *hero* you must feel like now.
I ended up feeling full.
Of course you did...after the image of those
big brown eyes looking up at you, as he cries,
bleeds to death, and fights every minute 'till
his heart stops leaves your mind and your left
with mere slabs of meat. I can imagine the denial
you must go through.
Hahahaha

Actually I was able to look long and deep into it's big brown eyes
before I shot it. It was only ten yards away from me checking out a
scrape. Once I shot it the eyes were on the other side of the deer
and getting smaller by the second.
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Next time, John...GO TO THE SUPERMARKET!!!
That's where other people do your killing for you.
I've never once eaten deer meat nor would I ever.
You'll never find venison in the SUPERMARKET!!!

It's the beef and pork and fish you eat that's killed by someone else
for your consumption that's at the SUPERMARKET. If you eat it you're
an accomplice.

Don't tell me fish eyes are less cute than deer eyes.

If you'd ever hit one with a car your views would likely change. If
you ever had one come thru your windshield your views would definitely
change.

If you were hungry enough and I was standing with a knife over a deer
I'd just killed you'd fight me to gut it and get at the tenderloins
first.
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-05 03:19:35 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
[...]
...I can't believe you actually sound *proud* writing that.
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Next time, John...GO TO THE SUPERMARKET!!!
That's where other people do your killing for you.
I've never once eaten deer meat nor would I ever.
You'll never find venison in the SUPERMARKET!!!
You don't need venison to survive.
Post by John Lemke
It's the beef and pork and fish you eat that's killed by someone else
for your consumption that's at the SUPERMARKET.  If you eat it you're
an accomplice.
I'm mad at my parents for giving me meat as a toddler,
and raising me on it. I wish they gave me a choice.
But I DO try to stay away from meat as much as possible.

But I've never eaten deer! I like potatoes and vegetables
better anyway - always have.
Post by John Lemke
Don't tell me fish eyes are less cute than deer eyes.
I put deer right up there - second to dogs.
And no, I don't find fish cute but I still think
it's cruel to go into their home and kill them..
..especially for "fun" and not outta necessity.
Post by John Lemke
If you'd ever hit one with a car your views would likely change.  If
you ever had one come thru your windshield your views would definitely
change.
Why? I would see it as a tragic accident.
Post by John Lemke
If you were hungry enough and I was standing with a knife over a deer
I'd just killed you'd fight me to gut it and get at the tenderloins
first.
Ah, no I wouldn't. Unless I was starving in the wilderness
having gone days without food. I would *only* do it to
survive if I was going to die if I didn't eat it.

As I keep saying - as a well-off American as you and I are,
we don't NEED to to go into their home and kill them to survive;
others around the world aren't as lucky and have no CHOICE
but to do it.

Now I wonder...as you brag about: "looking into the deer's big
brown eyes before shooting her" .. how do you think her babies
will get by after you've had your "fun" :

John Lemke
2008-08-05 12:27:49 UTC
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
Actually I was able to look long and deep into it's big brown eyes
before I shot it. �It was only ten yards away from me checking out a
scrape. �Once I shot it the eyes were on the other side of the deer
and getting smaller by the second.
...I can't believe you actually sound *proud* writing that.
Just relating the facts of the kill.
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
You'll never find venison in the SUPERMARKET!!!
You don't need venison to survive.
And you don't need meat.
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
It's the beef and pork and fish you eat that's killed by someone else
for your consumption that's at the SUPERMARKET. �If you eat it you're
an accomplice.
I'm mad at my parents for giving me meat as a toddler,
and raising me on it. I wish they gave me a choice.
But I DO try to stay away from meat as much as possible.
That's it, blame someone else for your crime. MURDERER!!!!!!
Post by D***@gmail.com
But I've never eaten deer! I like potatoes and vegetables
better anyway - always have.
There's no better meat for you than good, lean, wild venison.
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
Don't tell me fish eyes are less cute than deer eyes.
I put deer right up there - second to dogs.
And no, I don't find fish cute but I still think
it's cruel to go into their home and kill them..
..especially for "fun" and not outta necessity.
It's necessary for a healthy herd, healthy and plentiful farm crops
and healthy for young blond girls that drive fast little red cars.

It also helps keep alive the American tradition of walking out into
the woods and surviving. Try that in South Boston.
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
If you'd ever hit one with a car your views would likely change. �If
you ever had one come thru your windshield your views would definitely
change.
Why? I would see it as a tragic accident.
If you hit one or had one come thru your windshield, you'd know.
You'd see them as many do. Rats with hooves. You'd also see them the
way wealthy people see them when they're munching on all that
expensive landscaping.
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
If you were hungry enough and I was standing with a knife over a deer
I'd just killed you'd fight me to gut it and get at the tenderloins
first.
Ah, no I wouldn't. Unless I was starving in the wilderness
having gone days without food. I would *only* do it to
survive if I was going to die if I didn't eat it.
Exactly. Deer were the large game that helped make settlement of the
continent possible. Imagine wearing a nice buckskin mini-skirt too,
Dani.
Post by D***@gmail.com
As I keep saying - as a well-off American as you and I are,
we don't NEED to to go into their home and kill them to survive;
others around the world aren't as lucky and have no CHOICE
but to do it.
Now I wonder...as you brag about: "looking into the deer's big
brown eyes before shooting her" .. how do you think her babies
No bragging to it. It should convey my awe at the beauty of nature
before killing it.

Their babies have learned all they need to learn to survive by the
time they're 3 -4 months old. That's cuz momma will either chase them
away once mating season starts or kick and beat them away when food
gets scarce in the wintertime. If I kill momma, I make it easier for
the baby. That's it in a nutshell. I do feel like a hero now.

"Bambi" was simply Douglasesque propaganda that's even more dangerous
to our national psyche.
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-05 14:47:46 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
Actually I was able to look long and deep into it's big brown eyes
before I shot it. It was only ten yards away from me checking out a
scrape. Once I shot it the eyes were on the other side of the deer
and getting smaller by the second.
...I can't believe you actually sound *proud* writing that.
Just relating the facts of the kill.
Just relating the facts of the kill, eh?

You wrote:

"Once I shot it the eyes were on the other side of the deer
and getting smaller by the second."

...you can relate the facts without adding that visual.
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
You'll never find venison in the SUPERMARKET!!!
You don't need venison to survive.
And you don't need meat.
I've already told you that I was being
fed it by my parents as soon as I was
off the bottle and on to "finger foods" ..
..I was raised on it; wish I wasn't.
I wish I was given a choice in the matter.

It was the norm for me. Then I developed
my own ideas and felt gross anytime I was
given it at meal time.
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
It's the beef and pork and fish you eat that's killed by someone else
for your consumption that's at the SUPERMARKET. If you eat it you're
an accomplice.
I'm mad at my parents for giving me meat as a toddler,
and raising me on it. I wish they gave me a choice.
But I DO try to stay away from meat as much as possible.
That's it, blame someone else for your crime.
Yeah, a toddler really knows the difference, right?
Post by John Lemke
MURDERER!!!!!!
LOL! No, THIS is a "murderer" :

Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
But I've never eaten deer!  I like potatoes and vegetables
better anyway - always have.
There's no better meat for you than good, lean, wild venison.
I've survived this long - I don't care how "good" it is for me.
I put that on par with eating a dog.
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
Don't tell me fish eyes are less cute than deer eyes.
I put deer right up there - second to dogs.
And no, I don't find fish cute but I still think
it's cruel to go into their home and kill them..
..especially for "fun" and not outta necessity.
It's necessary for a healthy herd, healthy and plentiful farm crops
I can be reasonable here...but I still want no part of it.
And it still breaks my heart.
Post by John Lemke
and healthy for young blond girls that drive fast little red cars.
Now you're being an ass. You try, eh?

Oh, and I don't have a "fast little red car" btw.
Post by John Lemke
It also helps keep alive the American tradition of walking out into
the woods and surviving.
WHAT??? We are the richest country in the world!
You actually think we need to survive by killing deer?

I see it as us being spoiled BRATS when there are
people in the world that really *do* have to survive
that way.
Post by John Lemke
Try that in South Boston.
No...try it in certain parts of Africa more like.
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
If you'd ever hit one with a car your views would likely change. If
you ever had one come thru your windshield your views would definitely
change.
Why?  I would see it as a tragic accident.
If you hit one or had one come thru your windshield, you'd know.
You'd see them as many do.  Rats with hooves.  You'd also see them the
way wealthy people see them when they're munching on all that
expensive landscaping.
I'd see it as an accisent as I said.
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
If you were hungry enough and I was standing with a knife over a deer
I'd just killed you'd fight me to gut it and get at the tenderloins
first.
Ah, no I wouldn't.  Unless I was starving in the wilderness
having gone days without food.  I would *only* do it to
survive if I was going to die if I didn't eat it.
Exactly. Deer were the large game that helped make settlement of the
continent possible.
That's the past.
Post by John Lemke
Imagine wearing a nice buckskin mini-skirt too,
Dani.
I wouldn't wear one...nor would I wear a (real) leather
jacket. Or a fur coat.
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
As I keep saying - as a well-off American as you and I are,
we don't NEED to to go into their home and kill them to survive;
others around the world aren't as lucky and have no CHOICE
but to do it.
Now I wonder...as you brag about: "looking into the deer's big
brown eyes before shooting her" .. how do you think her babies
No bragging to it.  It should convey my awe at the beauty of nature
before killing it.
If you think Nature is beautiful - then let it STAY that way!
Post by John Lemke
Their babies have learned all they need to learn to survive by the
time they're 3 -4 months old.  That's cuz momma will either chase them
away once mating season starts or kick and beat them away when food
gets scarce in the wintertime.
Really? Then why will the deer fight off
predators that come near their babies?
Post by John Lemke
If I kill momma, I make it easier for
the baby.  That's it in a nutshell.  I do feel like a hero now.
A hero is someone who has a REAL fight
on their hands and sacrifices...not someone
who sneaks up behind the weak and kills
him/her for fun.
Post by John Lemke
"Bambi" was simply Douglasesque propaganda that's even more dangerous
to our national psyche.
Nope...but nice scape-goat.

Here's one for you, a real hero, John. here's a deer fighting
back...basically saying: Stay the FUCK outta my home!

Steven Douglas
2008-08-06 00:20:11 UTC
Post by John Lemke
"Bambi" was simply Douglasesque propaganda that's even more dangerous
to our national psyche.
Am I in your every waking thought? I'd have been content to stay out
of this thread, because I understand why it's necessary to thin the
herd. So to include me in your diatribe is just unfair (but then
that's what I've come to expect of you).

I did notice the joy you expressed in retelling the story of killing
the deer with your bow -- and while I do understand the necessity in
thinning the herd, I don't understand the joy you take in killing. I
could understand the joy in eating the meat, but that the killing
brought you such joy is disturbing.
Mike
2008-08-06 08:55:30 UTC
Post by Steven Douglas
Post by John Lemke
"Bambi" was simply Douglasesque propaganda that's even more dangerous
to our national psyche.
Am I in your every waking thought? I'd have been content to stay out
of this thread, because I understand why it's necessary to thin the
herd. So to include me in your diatribe is just unfair (but then
that's what I've come to expect of you).
I did notice the joy you expressed in retelling the story of killing
the deer with your bow -- and while I do understand the necessity in
thinning the herd, I don't understand the joy you take in killing. I
could understand the joy in eating the meat, but that the killing
brought you such joy is disturbing.
That is just like you Steven. Just like your war in Iraq, you like others
to kill for you. Ther are those who would call you a scavenger....
Woodswun
2008-08-05 23:47:40 UTC
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by John Lemke
If you were hungry enough and I was standing with a knife over a deer
I'd just killed you'd fight me to gut it and get at the tenderloins
first.
Ah, no I wouldn't. Unless I was starving in the wilderness
having gone days without food. I would *only* do it to
survive if I was going to die if I didn't eat it.
As I keep saying - as a well-off American as you and I are,
we don't NEED to to go into their home and kill them to survive;
others around the world aren't as lucky and have no CHOICE
but to do it.
Now I wonder...as you brag about: "looking into the deer's big
brown eyes before shooting her" .. how do you think her babies
http://youtu.be/4BFDEWmJRdg
Hunting season is in the autumn, after the 'babies" are grown and
quite capable of taking care of themselves. I would also point out
that hunting is absolutely essential to thin the deer populations,
because humans have driven off their natural predators (which would
have been killing them by ripping them to shreds as they slowly died)
and they all risk starvation if the herd gets too big. Most states
with deer problems encourage the taking of does, because it's the
fertile females that drive the size of the herd.

Woods
Pers3id
2008-08-05 03:25:52 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by D***@gmail.com
I've never once eaten deer meat nor would I ever.
You'll never find venison in the SUPERMARKET!!!
It's the beef and pork and fish you eat that's killed by someone else
for your consumption that's at the SUPERMARKET. If you eat it you're
an accomplice.
.. and those cows are so freakin' stupid they would kill themselves
if we weren't around to fence them up and bring them bails of hay.

I swear to god, humans are the best thing that could have happened to
those animals. If it wasn't us it would be some other predator. You
forgot to tell Dani how humane it is to take the deer out before they
die of disease and starvation from over-population. Without predators,
the prey die anyway.. just not as quickly (and they suffer more).
Ah now you're gettin' nasty. :)
John Lemke
2008-08-05 12:45:09 UTC
Post by Pers3id
Post by John Lemke
It's the beef and pork and fish you eat that's killed by someone else
for your consumption that's at the SUPERMARKET. If you eat it you're
an accomplice.
.. and those cows are so freakin' stupid they would kill themselves
if we weren't around to fence them up and bring them bails of hay.
Exactly. And think of how cold they'd get after we took their coats
for our fine leather jackets and boots. They'd shivver like a cold
VOR is going to shivver once someone turns his coat into several pairs
of socks and a plaid shirt.
Post by Pers3id
I swear to god, humans are the best thing that could have happened to
those animals. If it wasn't us it would be some other predator. You
forgot to tell Dani how humane it is to take the deer out before they
die of disease and starvation from over-population. Without predators,
the prey die anyway.. just not as quickly (and they suffer more).
Exactly. Starvation and disease is very slow and painful. Predators
make a horrific mess of the landscape. I at least know the deer is
completely dead before efficiently removing and placing it's guts in
a neat, orderly pile off to one side. Then the predators come by and
within 12 hours devour everything.

It's much like another Disney movie, really. Something about the
circle of life?
Post by Pers3id
Post by John Lemke
If you were hungry enough and I was standing with a knife over a deer
I'd just killed you'd fight me to gut it and get at the tenderloins
first.
Ah now you're gettin' nasty. :)
You know, I try not to but it always turns out that way.

Now try this. Dani in a buckskin mini-skirt with blood up past her
knees and elbows and a knife in one hand.
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-05 14:02:51 UTC
Post by John Lemke
You know, I try not to but it always turns out that way.
You didn't try at first...I'm sensitive about this
and you made sure to explain your "fun" killing
these gorgeous animals as gruesome as possible.

You settled down a bit in your last few posts to me,
I'll give you that.
Post by John Lemke
Now try this.  Dani in a buckskin mini-skirt
Never. I've never worn one of those. In fact,
I ALWAYS read the labels and make sure
I don't buy clothes made of animals.
Post by John Lemke
with blood up past her
knees and elbows and a knife in one hand.
It wouldn't happen. Even if I was on the brink
of death from starvation, I don't know if I could
do it. I'd probably have to in order not to die
myself, but I'd be crying even harder than the
deer would be.

The Indians had no other choice but to kill
Buffalo to survive...and even then, they respected
the animal. It was *disrespectful* for them to
kill them if they didn't use every piece of them for
survival. They used the fur for clothes, the bones
for tools and their hides for shelter.

What I'm saying is they depended on the Buffalo
for survival - they didn't kill 'em for "fun" and an
occasional meal.

Dani
Woodswun
2008-08-04 21:30:59 UTC
Post by John Lemke
I saw it run 75 yards,
The fact that it RAN should show you
that's it's not merely there for your
amusement; it shows that it's not
just a "piece of meat" and has
survival instincts just like you and I.
Post by John Lemke
stop for a few seconds
then drop hard on the ground.
Poor baby .. :(
Post by John Lemke
[...]
Uh ... you might want to read some stuff about the slaughterhouse
industry before you tell hunters to buy meat in a supermarket because
it's kinder.

Woods
Werewolfy
2008-08-04 22:29:44 UTC
Post by Woodswun
Uh ... you might want to read some stuff about the slaughterhouse
industry before you tell hunters to buy meat in a supermarket because
it's kinder.
Judith worked in a slaughter house in France for a few months, Woodsy.
There's no doubt whatsoever as to which method is kinder. Those pretty
meat packets in a supermarket have a gruesome history.
A hunter might step on a twig, or might miss the animal when firing.
That gives it a much better chance than a slaughterhouse animal.
There's no escape from the stun gun, hauling the cow upside down on
meat hooks, then cutting it's throat...quite often they aren't
properly stunned, know what is happening too.
In fact, the animals seem to know well in advance..some sort of
instinct I suppose. She had some ostriches brought in to the
slaughterhouse, and it was Hell trying to electrocute the things as a
prelude to swinging them on hooks and chopping off their heads.

Nothing 'nice' about a pretty packaged sanitised meat
counter..wherever it is. To provide that meat means an animal is
killed...a hunter does it one way, a slaughterman another. I agree, if
John's description of hunting is offensive..then those well-presented
trays of supermarket meat are worse still.

Werewolfy
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-05 01:35:50 UTC
Post by Woodswun
Post by D***@gmail.com
[...]
Kinder? The mental image of the poor thing petrified,
running from me, taking it's last breath while staring
up at me with those big brown eyes, crying and moaning
in pain and fear as it took it's last breath would haunt me
for life.

Makes me ill that humans can be so unfeeling and brutal.

Nature is their HOME. Unless you're starving and have no
other choice - stay in your own home in your priveledged
life and let them live theirs.

Dani
Woodswun
2008-08-05 01:44:56 UTC
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Woodswun
Post by John Lemke
I saw it run 75 yards,
The fact that it RAN should show you
that's it's not merely there for your
amusement; it shows that it's not
just a "piece of meat" and has
survival instincts just like you and I.
Post by John Lemke
stop for a few seconds
then drop hard on the ground.
Poor baby .. :(
Post by John Lemke
[...]
Then I would suggest that you not eat meat at all, because I can tell
you that animals killed in a slaughterhouse are terrorized long before
they're killed, because the smell of death and screams of animals hits
them long before they can see what awaits them. That's assuming they
aren't brutalized on the way in to get killed.

Mind, this is *after* their human owners, whom they probably view as
gods, send them off to be killed after gaining their trust.

Woods
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-05 14:06:59 UTC
Post by Woodswun
Post by Woodswun
Post by D***@gmail.com
[...]
So fucking sad .. :( "Trusting" the humans is what
really got me in your post.

No more meat for me (even now I try to stay away
from it as much as possible).

Dani
Pers3id
2008-08-05 14:49:09 UTC
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Woodswun
Nature is their HOME.  Unless you're starving and have no
other choice - stay in your own home in your priveledged
life and let them live theirs.
Dani
Then I would suggest that you not eat meat at all, because I can tell
you that animals killed in a slaughterhouse are terrorized long
before they're killed, because the smell of death and screams of
animals hits them long before they can see what awaits them.  That's
assuming they aren't brutalized on the way in to get killed.
Mind, this is *after* their human owners, whom they probably view as
gods, send them off to be killed after gaining their trust.
Woods
So fucking sad .. :( "Trusting" the humans is what
really got me in your post.
That's only the domesticated animals. Deer don't trust us (and rightly
so).. so we have to spring out and surprise them to put an arrow
throught their heart. A lot of these domesticated animals would be
easy pickings without humans around to protect them though.

I will admit, slaughter houses can get really obscene. They're mass
killing facilities, not dissimilar to the nazi death camps.
Dani
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-05 15:05:46 UTC
Post by Pers3id
Post by Woodswun
[...]
You guys might think I'm "sappy" or whatever..
..but stuff like this really upsets me .. :(

Dani
Werewolfy
2008-08-05 16:05:43 UTC
Post by D***@gmail.com
You guys might think I'm "sappy" or whatever..
..but stuff like this really upsets me .. :(
How pleasing. Reap as you have sown.

Werewolfy
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-05 16:36:49 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
Post by D***@gmail.com
You guys might think I'm "sappy" or whatever..
..but stuff like this really upsets me .. :(
How pleasing. Reap as you have sown.
Oh fuck-off! This has nothing to do with
YOU so stop being so selfish.

And "reap as I've sown"?

Ah, I've never killed a deer!

Now who is looking for the fight!

Dani
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-05 16:55:38 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
Post by D***@gmail.com
You guys might think I'm "sappy" or whatever..
..but stuff like this really upsets me .. :(
How pleasing. Reap as you have sown.
Oh fuck-off!  This has nothing to do with
YOU so stop being so selfish.
And "reap as I've sown"?
Ah, I've never killed a deer!
Now who is looking for the fight!
Oh, and if you mean "reap as I've sown"
in regards to the debate you and I had
about under-age sex when I said: "This
really upsets me" in reference to the deer
killing, meaning that debate we had really
upset you also..

Well guess what, I'm a GIRL, Ricky!
That debate we had upset me also,
more than you'll ever know.

I will never get into that debate with
you or anyone else ever again because
I'm too personally involved; but I will tell
you that you were not the only one hurt
there.

I did not come out of that unscathed.

Dani
Werewolfy
2008-08-05 19:48:01 UTC
On 5 Aug, 17:55, ***@gmail.com wrote:

" I did not come out of that unscathed."

Good. You didn't deserve to. As to your interpretation, very very
wrong. Reap as you have sown refers to your being upset by replies to
your never kill animals campaign. Graphic responses balance your
aggressive posting quite nicely. Nothing whatsoever to do about my
'being upset'.
You are incapable of causing me any upset, little Missy tough girl. A
child still in so many ways, and quite a foolish one too. An old
fashioned 'Drama Queen' who seizes on anything handy to attack...on
anyone handy as well...whenever her vicious little mind takes the
fancy.

You 'picked on' John; I saw the post that started that, and remember
it well. You flew into a rage over nothing and he is too decent a man
to return the insult.
Doc has finally 'got your measure'. No, no use hitching up your skirt,
fluttering your eyebrows and crying your crocodile lunatic tears.
Dani 'land'...sums you up. A childish name, associating yourself with
a useless quadraplegic fucking ape.

No, you can never 'upset' me. I don't take too much notice of children
with big mouths and screechy voices.

Werewolfy
Dani
2008-08-06 04:02:55 UTC
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:48:01 -0700 (PDT), Werewolfy
Post by Werewolfy
" I did not come out of that unscathed."
Good. You didn't deserve to.
I'm not getting into it again.
Post by Werewolfy
As to your interpretation, very very
wrong.
Wow, we have something in common; you're interpretations of me are
almost always off-mark.
Post by Werewolfy
Reap as you have sown refers to your being upset by replies to
your never kill animals campaign.
Campaign, eh? It's called a difference of opinion; a debate.
Someone (me) who not only is from the City but is an animal
lover who also happens to find Deer gorgeous creatures having a
discussion with a hunter (John). There are two sides; but yet again,
because of your bias against me - you choose to only see one.
Post by Werewolfy
Graphic responses balance your
aggressive posting quite nicely.
Graphic? Aggressive? Graphic is the way John described the
way he kills the deers...that is what is graphic here. And the
word "aggressive" in reference to my responses should
be replaced with *emotional* ..

Oh, and speaking of graphic - let's not forget how you said the
other day that America should be bombed! Now THAT was graphic
and aggressive!
Post by Werewolfy
Nothing whatsoever to do about my
'being upset'.
Maybe "upset" is the wrong word...but you definitely seem to be
overly interested in every single discussion I have here, Ricky. Maybe
bitter is a better word. But whichever word I use, regardless,
you are not over our fight by any means. If you were you wouldn't
be out for blood, carefully watching every blessed discussion I'm
involved in waiting to pounce. You also have this infantile need to
try and sway people here into believing I'm some devious monster.
Post by Werewolfy
You are incapable of causing me any upset, little Missy tough girl.
Say that all you like but your actions show otherwise.
Post by Werewolfy
child still in so many ways, and quite a foolish one too.
This right after you telling me that I'm incapable of upsetting you!

Obviously my "childish foolishness" DOES get to you or you wouldn't
whine about it.
Post by Werewolfy
An old
fashioned 'Drama Queen' who seizes on anything handy to attack...on
anyone handy as well...whenever her vicious little mind takes the
fancy.
Replace "her" with him in the paragraph above and it describes you
perfectly, Ricky. Isn't that right Mr. "BOMB AMERICA TODAY!!" and
"I HATE QUEERS!" .. and "WOMEN SHOULDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE!"
...and "I HATE EVERYONE!!"
Post by Werewolfy
You 'picked on' John;
Oh Christ - I did not. I stated my views. Maybe I put a little too
much emotion rather than logic behind my words, but I didn't
pick on him.

Maybe you don't understand the way Americans "Take piss" .. but I do,
and I'll tell ya - the way he described killing that deer was his way
of picking on me.
Post by Werewolfy
I saw the post that started that, and remember
it well.
Of course...yet I'm insignificant to you and can't "upset"
you because I'm a foolish little girl, right? A foolish little
girl that you can't seem to stop picking up on every tiny
thing she writes!
Post by Werewolfy
You flew into a rage over nothing and he is too decent a man
to return the insult.
Jesus mother of Christ! Flew into a rage? More like flew into tears!
It made me sad. And I *do* like John...but you once said that you
don't understand American humor; maybe you also don't understand
underhanded American insults? John describing the way he killed that
deer was intended to upset me...as well as when he mentioned me in
a leather mini-skirt etc.. and told me how "full" he was after eating
the deer.

In America...that is equal to what you guys call "Takin' piss" ..
Post by Werewolfy
Doc has finally 'got your measure'.
I declined Doc's bait...as I will also be declining yours shortly.
Post by Werewolfy
No, no use hitching up your skirt,
fluttering your eyebrows and crying your crocodile lunatic tears.
Crocodile lunatic tears? Why do I talk to you? LOL!
Post by Werewolfy
Dani 'land'...sums you up. A childish name, associating yourself with
a useless quadraplegic fucking ape.
A quadriplegic fucking ape, eh? Yet *I'm* the graphic, aggressive,
vicious evil one? Who else is on your HATE list, Ricky? Now you've
added the disabled?

Grantland is one of the strongest people I know. He has a razor-sharp
wit, he's humurous, he can come off hard but he has a heart of gold.

His heart came out in his Poems.

He once told me that he is "free" and I didn't understand what he
meant. He told me to try it sometime...again, I didn't understand
what he meant. But now I do. He meant no more conforming; no
more always feeling like you have to be "politically correct" .. no
more worrying about what others think of you; no more following
the pack if you know you're right but nobody else goes along with
you. It means standing alone and no longer feeling uncomfortable
doing so. It means being bold and even controversial when needed,
but still keeping your honor.
Post by Werewolfy
No, you can never 'upset' me. I don't take too much notice of children
with big mouths and screechy voices.
Just the fact that you wrote this post means I upset you.

Dani
Werewolfy
2008-08-06 09:08:53 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
You flew into a rage over nothing and he is too decent a man
to return the insult.
You assume the wrong 'flew into a rage'. Nothing to do with animals.
You did this when John jokingly used the word 'wench'.
That word is not derogatory in any way. It's an amusing aside, used by
a male to a female without either rancour, or any form of nastiness.
You leapt at it, examined 'headers'. moaned, wriggled, writhed and
attacked. In short, you were, as usual, simply 'looking for trouble'.
It's what you do, Dani. Ever looking for a cause for the 'grown-up
girl' to champion. It doesn't work for you, mainly through your lack
of understanding and evident lack of an over-all education in life.
Myopic is how I see your tantrums.

Of course, you're a lying little cow too, so that doesn't help all
that much.

Werewolfy

Mike
2008-08-06 04:19:18 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
Post by D***@gmail.com
[...]

Oh please!!! You are going to drown us in all these oceans of crockodile
tears!!

Dani
Dani
2008-08-06 04:50:01 UTC
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Werewolfy
Post by D***@gmail.com
[...]
Keep following the pack, Mondo. Keep looking for that "popularity"
you seek and at any cost it seems. Keep sacrificing your gut feelings
and your logic to "fit in" and satiate the crowd.

You'll never feel true freedom until you're true to yourself; until
you find that confidence in you to stand on your own.

It's uncomfortable at first but eventually you'll wonder why
you didn't do it years ago.

Dani
Mike
2008-08-06 08:44:26 UTC
Post by Dani
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Werewolfy
Post by D***@gmail.com
[...]
So you want me to ditch Werewolfy and gravitate to you? Why? What are you
offering me, your counseling (a.k.a. nagging) and pussy? No thanks!!! I have
no desire to 'fit in' to you or your crowd. Why the seemingly huge interest
having me to your side of zoo? I don't even want your fishy pussy!!! So
again I ask, why? I am a leader.. not a follower like you, eager and
desperate to 'fit-in anywhere you can find pity from others'!

I like Werewolfy because we have common interests and a similar disposition.
Though we have differences, he is logical, reasonable (if you are on his
good side) and I like his jokes. I don't have anything fight about and
don't anticipate that happening. Like him, I can enjoy hostilities if I
choose, or decide against at will, if that suits my needs. I do not fight
with people unless I enjoy it, or it is to my advantage. You can barely
control your fragile, delicate and sensitive emotions. Your life must be a
*NIGHTMARE*!!! I don't feel the least bit sorry for you. You get what you
are and what you choose. Your emotional side irritates me to death.
Unfortunately I have not seen another aspect of you yet. I view people that
can't get a grip. Your interests are kinda boring too!!! That is why I
seldom follow in your stupid superficial and boring links
Post by Dani
You'll never feel true freedom until you're true to yourself; until
you find that confidence in you to stand on your own.
It's uncomfortable at first but eventually you'll wonder why
you didn't do it years ago.
Right!
Dani
Woodswun
2008-08-06 00:02:31 UTC
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Pers3id
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Woodswun
Post by D***@gmail.com
[...]
It's not sappy, Dani, but you're also not seeing the alternatives
these deer face. They're all going to die, and their choices are
starvation, being ripped apart by dogs, freezing to death, or being
shot with bullet or arrow. Of the options available, a bullet or bow
is really the quickest. There is not a single wild deer that's going
to be taken care of in their old age and allowed to die comfortably in
a nice, warm barn. It's sad, but that's the way nature is...

Woods
John Lemke
2008-08-06 00:57:47 UTC
Post by Woodswun
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Pers3id
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Woodswun
Post by D***@gmail.com
[...]
There are, indeed, advantages to living close to nature, out in the
country, exposed to the circle and cycles of life and not in a major
metropolitan area.

We hope things hold together for those that have become distanced from
the way nature is.
Pers3id
2008-08-06 01:00:49 UTC
Post by Woodswun
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Pers3id
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Woodswun
Post by D***@gmail.com
[...]
Well we definitely need to get that on the Obama ticket then.. old folks
homes for retired deers... I mean, come on, we're civilized here.. it's
time to let the deer in on how we live the good life.. these deer get up
every day, just like the rest of us, they go to work and earn their
living.. they *deserve* a comfortable retirement !
John Lemke
2008-08-06 01:26:58 UTC
Post by Pers3id
Post by Woodswun
It's not sappy, Dani, but you're also not seeing the alternatives
these deer face. They're all going to die, and their choices are
starvation, being ripped apart by dogs, freezing to death, or being
shot with bullet or arrow. Of the options available, a bullet or bow
is really the quickest. There is not a single wild deer that's going
to be taken care of in their old age and allowed to die comfortably in
a nice, warm barn. It's sad, but that's the way nature is...
Well we definitely need to get that on the Obama ticket then.. old folks
homes for retired deers... I mean, come on, we're civilized here.. it's
time to let the deer in on how we live the good life.. these deer get up
every day, just like the rest of us, they go to work and earn their
living.. they *deserve* a comfortable retirement !
Why should some rat with hooves get a comfortable retirement when none
of us are going to have the slightest chance at that anymore?

:-)

I'll take a violent ten second death over slowly freezing and starving
to death in the snow. I'll take having my heart and lungs busted over
having my legs broken by a car and crawling off to die over a period
of hours in the weeds away from the road.

I taught my son how to field dress on a male yearling that had both of
it's legs broken by a car on a state highway. My boy saw it happen.
Mother lead baby out into the road. Mom made it. Baby didn't. She
couldn't help him with his two broken legs. All he could do was drag
himself across the road and fifty yards into a field and laid down
against a small grass covered mound.

You can't legally put a deer out of it's misery on your own in a
situation like that. You have to call a local law enforcement
officer. I got the call and it took me an hour to get there with my
knife and gloves. I got there just after county sheriff's deputy put
Bambi down for good with his .45.

Zip, zip and we hauled the poor little guy to a retired couple that
salvaged as much meat as they could.

I drive 200 miles a week with my job. I see at least 2 dead deer by
the side of the road every week. The ones that make it into the weeds
and you don't see you end up smelling on these hot summer days.

Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will want to hunt me. They'd better
be good. :-)
Pers3id
2008-08-06 01:42:26 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by Pers3id
Post by Woodswun
[...]
Tell you what.. unless you hit a nerve just right, these deer never
really feel those hunting arrows.. they're just that sharp, slicing
through meat and blood vessels. If I had to pick my manner of death,
I could think of worse ways to go than bleed to death without much
pain.
Post by John Lemke
I taught my son how to field dress on a male yearling that had both of
it's legs broken by a car on a state highway. My boy saw it happen.
Mother lead baby out into the road. Mom made it. Baby didn't. She
couldn't help him with his two broken legs. All he could do was drag
himself across the road and fifty yards into a field and laid down
against a small grass covered mound.
Dani needs to watch a bit more Discovery Channel, Wild Discovery
with the Africa episodes to get an idea of what the wild kingdom is
really all about. None of those predators would think twice about
taking her life for food or to eliminate competition.
be good. :-)
Dani
2008-08-06 04:14:11 UTC
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:02:31 -0700 (PDT), Woodswun
Post by Woodswun
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Pers3id
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by Woodswun
Post by D***@gmail.com
[...]
See, this I can deal with. Thank you, Woods. The description of the
deer being brutally killed and fighting for it's life and John
laughing about it and making jokes is what I cannot deal with.

Again, thank you for understanding that I'm from the city and I've
never been exposed to survival in the wilderness. And for taking
into consideration my love for animals.

Cheers,

Dani
Woods
Mike
2008-08-06 04:16:50 UTC
Post by Pers3id
Post by Woodswun
[...]
You should see what the animals are doing to each other in nature then! Did
you see the series "Planet Earth" recently aired on BBC? It was mostly a
show about 'killing and eating'. Funny. thats how God seems to want it...
Dani
Dani
2008-08-06 04:52:15 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Pers3id
Post by Woodswun
[...]
No, I can't watch stuff like that.

Dani
Mike
2008-08-06 05:43:53 UTC
Post by Dani
Post by Mike
Post by Pers3id
Post by Woodswun
[...]
I have a similar problem. I had to shoo a fly out my window today. I felt
sory for it. It obvously looked afraid. Usually I just kill them, but this
time I felt inclined to think about it's life and give it a 'chance'. The
'high definition' was nice though!
Dani
Steven Douglas
2008-08-06 00:21:52 UTC
Takes a real hero to do something like that.
John Lemke
2008-08-06 01:39:53 UTC
Post by Pers3id
That's only the domesticated animals. Deer don't trust us (and rightly
so).. so we have to spring out and surprise them to put an arrow
throught their heart.
If you ever are laying on the ground waiting for your food to come to
you :-)
don't spring. They won't come back.

Or you could do the heroic Douglasesque thing and drop a precision
guided bomb on a deer from 20,000 feet.
Pers3id
2008-08-06 02:03:09 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by Pers3id
That's only the domesticated animals. Deer don't trust us (and rightly
so).. so we have to spring out and surprise them to put an arrow
throught their heart.
If you ever are laying on the ground waiting for your food to come to
you :-)
don't spring. They won't come back.
No I lay on the ground and wait for the mushrooms to grow.. that's my
vegetarian way of hunting for food (I let it come to me).
Post by John Lemke
Or you could do the heroic Douglasesque thing and drop a precision
guided bomb on a deer from 20,000 feet.
At least he's not fishing with hand grenades. God forbid we should let
douglas get his mitts on any explosives.. he'd probably hurt himself.

John Lemke
2008-08-06 02:22:58 UTC
Post by Pers3id
Post by John Lemke
Post by Pers3id
That's only the domesticated animals. Deer don't trust us (and rightly
so).. so we have to spring out and surprise them to put an arrow
throught their heart.
If you ever are laying on the ground waiting for your food to come to
you :-)
don't spring. They won't come back.
No I lay on the ground and wait for the mushrooms to grow.. that's my
vegetarian way of hunting for food (I let it come to me).
Eeeeeeeeexcelllllllllent. I'm proud to have learned something here
again.
http://youtu.be/adBm7U9-8OM
John Lemke
2008-08-06 02:40:02 UTC
Post by Pers3id
Post by John Lemke
Or you could do the heroic Douglasesque thing and drop a precision
guided bomb on a deer from 20,000 feet.
At least he's not fishing with hand grenades. God forbid we should let
douglas get his mitts on any explosives.. he'd probably hurt himself.
http://youtu.be/adBm7U9-8OM
Somehow that just doesn't seem................. sporting.

Gotta git me one of them.
Steven Douglas
2008-08-06 02:13:20 UTC
Post by John Lemke
Post by Pers3id
That's only the domesticated animals. Deer don't trust us (and rightly
so).. so we have to spring out and surprise them to put an arrow
throught their heart.
If you ever are laying on the ground waiting for your food to come to
you :-)
don't spring. They won't come back.
Or you could do the heroic Douglasesque thing and drop a precision
guided bomb on a deer from 20,000 feet.
I really am in your every waking thought, aren't I? If I ever had to
kill a deer, John Boy, I wouldn't take the kind of joy from it that
you do.
Mike
Of course not! You get more joy from the killing of the Christ!!
Onoit
2008-07-31 18:09:49 UTC
Post by WH
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they made of meat?
I don't think you are serious, but you might want to check
out www.Dr.Fuhrman.com for reasons for a vegetarian diet.
Mike
2008-07-31 18:19:18 UTC
Post by Onoit
Post by WH
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they made of meat?
I don't think you are serious, but you might want to check
out www.Dr.Fuhrman.com for reasons for a vegetarian diet.
Your like did not work. This might work better:
http://www.drfuhrman.com/
WH
2008-07-31 20:36:24 UTC
Post by WH
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they made of meat?
               I don't think you are serious, but you might want to check
outwww.Dr.Fuhrman.comfor reasons for a vegetarian diet.
Your like did not work. This might work better:http://www.drfuhrman.com/
You're both joking aren't you. That site's a scam. Full of wonderful
healthy diets that you have to pay for. We all know by now what we
should eat and what we should avoid.

Vegetation is not food, vegetation is what food eats!

WH
Werewolfy
2008-07-31 21:55:18 UTC
Post by WH
You're both joking aren't you. That site's a scam. Full of wonderful
healthy diets that you have to pay for. We all know by now what we
should eat and what we should avoid.
Vegetation is not food, vegetation is what food eats!
Well, I at least see your humour, Chris. There's something in a
vegetarian that takes things very seriously though. At least, it seems
that way. Meat and how it is prepared doesn't occupy my thoughts too
much when I have a nice chicken sandwich.
It is of course, held in many circles that vegetation..being
alive...also have 'feelings'. I doubt that a cabbage cares too much
for being ripped out of the ground, boiled and eaten.

As to 'people are meat'...well, yes, I know. I often imagine roasting
Stephen Douglas on a spit and slicing the more juicy parts from his
sizzling body for tea.

I have no doubt that being vegetarian, one may supplement one's diet
to something which will well enough support life. That's a matter of
conscience I suppose. Eating meat doesn't bother me at all. I note we
have incisors. We are omnivores, nature has made us omnivores and to
deny that heritage is against nature. The cycle of life and death..and
survival..is a delicate one. I see no good reason to upset that
balance. A passing lion in the wild wouldn't consider the morality of
eating me...that's the way of the species. Omnivores is the way of the
Human species.

Werewolfy
Docrodile
2008-08-01 12:33:48 UTC
Post by Werewolfy
Post by WH
[...]
Imagine while you're walking through the meat department of your grocery
store, that the tightly wrapped cellophane packages contained human body
parts.
You stop periodically and look at the various portions of a human being,
pick up a few, and squeeze them slightly.
Do they look 'fresh'? Yes, they don't appear to have any 'slime'. Yes,
rather dry and with good color. The pull date is quite good.
You smile.
Wet your lips a bit.
You think, "Oh, that would be so tasty barbecued with the mesquite sauce I
love so much. That buttocks portion.
Oh, god, but how I love human buttocks properly basted and seared with those
black stripes. Yum, yum...."
Doc ;))~~
Pers3id
2008-08-01 12:49:58 UTC
Post by Docrodile
.
Post by Werewolfy
Post by WH
[...]
You'd have to cut off the lard from some of those fat british girls
with tattoos (ok, maybe not the spice girls)... that, or just cook
it up well until it's a chewey gristle and hork it down with the
meat.
Doc ;))~~
Mike
2008-08-01 22:17:43 UTC
Post by Docrodile
Post by Werewolfy
Post by WH
[...]
All those people, growing up in cages, being fed the same thing day after
day, in butcher houses. , for human consumption.

How terrible it would be if cows were really holy as some say and higher on
the evolutionary scale, like the people in India believe. We could be doing
a terrible thing!
Doc ;))~~
Docrodile
2008-08-01 12:24:36 UTC
Post by Onoit
Post by WH
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they made of meat?
I don't think you are serious, but you might want to check
outwww.Dr.Fuhrman.comfor reasons for a vegetarian diet.
Your like did not work. This might work better:http://www.drfuhrman.com/
You're both joking aren't you. That site's a scam. Full of wonderful
healthy diets that you have to pay for. We all know by now what we
should eat and what we should avoid.

Vegetation is not food, vegetation is what food eats!

WH

There are many ways to eat.
For example, you can eat the vagina of a woman.
Or a woman can eat a man's sperm.
Neither has enough nutritive value to maintain life.
So, it's necessary to supplement with other nourishment.
I'd recommend that after you eat pussy or cum, you munch down on a cucumber,
zuchinni, or banana.
Not only will these veggies and fruit give you nutrition missing from the
pussy or testicle food, they will psychologically "stimulate" your sensual
appetite.
Stimulation of the libido will, in turn, allow you to voraciously eat all
kinds of foods. They always look more appealing, and taste better, when
you're very horny.
Doc ;))~~~
Mike
2008-08-01 22:39:43 UTC
Post by Docrodile
There are many ways to eat.
For example, you can eat the vagina of a woman.
Or a woman can eat a man's sperm.
Neither has enough nutritive value to maintain life.
he he he. I'm not sure I totally agree here. I've seen more than a few
lushes in my life!
Doc ;))~~~
D***@gmail.com
2008-08-05 16:03:37 UTC
Post by WH
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they made of meat?
Cannibals could use the same reasoning.
People are also made of meat.

I know you're joking around but just
thought I'd throw that in .. :)

Cheers,

Dani
Mike
2008-08-05 17:26:02 UTC
Post by WH
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they made of meat?
Cannibals could use the same reasoning.
People are also made of meat.

I know you're joking around but just
thought I'd throw that in .. :)

The theory goes, that people are not animals, so there is a difference. God
supposedly gave man dominion over these things. Many believe that.

Cheers,

Dani
Dani
2008-08-06 05:07:12 UTC
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by WH
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they made of meat?
Cannibals could use the same reasoning.
People are also made of meat.
I know you're joking around but just
thought I'd throw that in .. :)
The theory goes, that people are not animals, so there is a difference. God
supposedly gave man dominion over these things. Many believe that.
I know we're different from the animals in nature. We are obviously
far more intelligent...but we are also like them in many ways, as far
as protecting our young, the instinct to survive, fighting off
predators etc..

And have you ever wondered - if we are "above" them, then why
do we die just as easily as they die? They get shot, they're dead,
we get shot - we're dead.

That's one thing that's always boggled my mind...we are obviously far
more intelligent but we are just as vulnerable as they are if we are
shot or stabbed dead. If we have this dominion, why do we die just
as easily as they do?

Yes, I know we have hospitals that will save our lives that they
don't have the privilege of having (except for domesticated animals
of course that have Veterinarians) .. but I'm talking about
*physiologically* we are just as vulnerable as them.

Dani
Mike
2008-08-06 05:40:23 UTC
Post by Dani
Post by D***@gmail.com
Post by WH
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they made of meat?
Cannibals could use the same reasoning.
People are also made of meat.
I know you're joking around but just
thought I'd throw that in .. :)
The theory goes, that people are not animals, so there is a difference. God
supposedly gave man dominion over these things. Many believe that.
I know we're different from the animals in nature. We are obviously
far more intelligent...
I do not believe that humans are more intelligent than animals. We define
inteligence and judge them by our criteria, that's all. If you try to teach
dog algebra, the dog won't understand, but suppose animals are trying to
teach us things in their own 'language' and think the same of us? We define
the criteria, then judge by it.

It's the same as a white person thinking he is higher than a black. Or
someone with a nice body thinking they are superiour to one with a not so
nice body. Just because a white person thinks a black person is dumb, does
not mean it's true. There is absolutely no way to measure what is happening
in someone's elses conciousnessness. There are different criteria for
intelligence, that's all. Everything in the Universe is of equal
intelligence, I believe. Even stars and galaxies are 'living', but we can't
see that, because it is happening in a different time dimension ...... or
something kind of similar belief to that ....