What Mike said?
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-12 04:28:31 UTC
"There is only one 'reality' and
you are experiencing it right at this very
instant. Take your experience out of the
equation and everything would evaporate
into absolutely nothing. "

Problem is, what is MY experience?

In the quantum brain/consciousness idea,
my consciousness is what experiences things,
but it's not "Me." It's not my name, it's not my
memories. It makes no choices. It's simply
along for the ride. And if I drop dead it will move
on, experience reality a different way, through
someone or something else.

Is that "Me?"

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664349103659139073
Mike
2021-10-12 06:11:03 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
"There is only one 'reality' and
you are experiencing it right at this very
instant. Take your experience out of the
equation and everything would evaporate
into absolutely nothing. "
Problem is, what is MY experience?
In the quantum brain/consciousness idea,
my consciousness is what experiences things,
but it's not "Me." It's not my name, it's not my
memories. It makes no choices. It's simply
along for the ride. And if I drop dead it will move
on, experience reality a different way, through
someone or something else.
Is that "Me?"
This is another of my analogies, think of it this way...

Pure consciousness is the space in between your thoughts. It's the
time when one thought is being transitioned into another thought.
It is difficult to capture the moment. It's the gaps between thoughts
where the 'unidentified you' can be accessed.

Another way to picture it is like a musical melody. The notes are one
thing in themselves, but they do not make up the melody. It's actually
the space in between the notes that make up a song. The empty space
between the notes is of crucial importance. So in essence, a melody
is made of 'nothing'. Well, if you see blank space as nothing.

A melody can be played in different scales, so you know
it's not the notes that make a song but the relative positioning of the
notes and the amount of empty space in between them that counts.
It's the 'nothingness' in between the notes that's what actually makes
a song. I think you can easily grasp the point I am getting at.
Post by JTEM is Magic
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664349103659139073