Nearly 40% of U.S. households say they face serious financial difficulties
Steven Douglas
2021-10-18 19:40:00 UTC
Headline: "Close to 40% of U.S. Households Say They Face
Financial Difficulties as Covid-19 Pandemic Continues"

"More than 30% of people say their situation is worse, survey
finds; 19% of households have depleted their savings"

[excerpt] In addition to financial concerns, respondents were
asked about healthcare, education, child care and personal
safety.

The results show how the pandemic deepened an already
divided economy in the U.S., with well-off people and
businesses coming out the same or stronger while many
lower-wage workers were thrust into financial crisis. [end excerpt]

https://www.wsj.com/articles/close-to-40-of-u-s-households-say-they-face-financial-difficulties-as-covid-19-pandemic-continues-11634241586

Look at that, well-off people and businesses are coming out
the same or stronger, while it's lower-wage workers who are
experiencing financial crisis. This, of course, is after Biden
promised (during his basement campaign) that he would
fix everything, and get rid of Covid. No wonder Biden's job
approval numbers are so bad.
Steven Douglas
2021-10-19 05:57:47 UTC
Your assurance isn't worth the air your voice travels on.
Your post is a waste of time.
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-19 06:01:36 UTC
I don't read everything Doc posts. Nor do
I read every thing you post, nor JTEM.
To deny yourself JTEM is to deny yourself life.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/665418939453636608
Mike
2021-10-19 08:45:52 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
I don't read everything Doc posts. Nor do
I read every thing you post, nor JTEM.
To deny yourself JTEM is to deny yourself life.
Flying saucers and politics are topics that don't
hold that much interest for me. If I were to bother
to read I wouldn't really understand it. They are
not topics I find useful for any need I currently
have.
Post by JTEM is Magic
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/665418939453636608
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-19 11:49:05 UTC
Post by Mike
Flying saucers and politics are topics that don't
hold that much interest for me.
Same here. Flying saucers don't exist and I pretty much unsubscribed
from politics in 2016. I've stopped "Arguing" politics. I used to love it
but now I'm just arguing reality against starry eyed religious fanatics.
Post by Mike
If I were to bother to read I wouldn't really understand it.
I'm usually talking concepts, and shouldn't be read literally.

Like when I say that alien signals are reaching us, and every day we're
inundated with them. It's a logical conclusion you might say, an
inference -- an inescapable fact of accepting the existence of other
civilizations out there. They can't exist, even if disproportionately
small numbers, without signals raining on us from every direction.

It's that final leap, what it all means that's important to me. People
are quick to shout "1+1" but they almost never admit that it equals
2. Most will fight you if you point it out to them.

Mostly it's not the topics, it's the implications. The underlying truths
or blind spots.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/665418939453636608
Mike
2021-10-19 15:23:11 UTC
Post by Mike
If I were to bother to read I wouldn't really understand it.
I'm usually talking concepts, and shouldn't be read literally.
Like when I say that alien signals are reaching us, and every day we're
inundated with them. It's a logical conclusion you might say, an
inference -- an inescapable fact of accepting the existence of other
civilizations out there. They can't exist, even if disproportionately
small numbers, without signals raining on us from every direction.
It's that final leap, what it all means that's important to me. People
are quick to shout "1+1" but they almost never admit that it equals
2. Most will fight you if you point it out to them.
1 + 1 is not always equal to 2. It could be eleven as in (11) and
11 in binary equals three in decimal.
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-19 17:08:31 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by JTEM is Magic
It's that final leap, what it all means that's important to me. People
are quick to shout "1+1" but they almost never admit that it equals
2. Most will fight you if you point it out to them.
1 + 1 is not always equal to 2. It could be eleven as in (11) and
11 in binary equals three in decimal.
Lol! Case in point.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/665418939453636608
Mike
2021-10-19 18:08:34 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by JTEM is Magic
It's that final leap, what it all means that's important to me. People
are quick to shout "1+1" but they almost never admit that it equals
2. Most will fight you if you point it out to them.
1 + 1 is not always equal to 2. It could be eleven as in (11) and
11 in binary equals three in decimal.
Lol! Case in point.
In Boolean Algebra 1 + 1 is actually equal to 1.

1 + 1 = 1

Boolean Algebra
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/boolean/bool_6.html
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/665418939453636608
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-19 18:10:34 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by JTEM is Magic
It's that final leap, what it all means that's important to me. People
are quick to shout "1+1" but they almost never admit that it equals
2. Most will fight you if you point it out to them.
In Boolean Algebra 1 + 1 is actually equal to 1.
You're not contradicting me.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/665418939453636608
Mike
2021-10-19 18:44:59 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
Post by Mike
Post by JTEM is Magic
It's that final leap, what it all means that's important to me. People
are quick to shout "1+1" but they almost never admit that it equals
2. Most will fight you if you point it out to them.
In Boolean Algebra 1 + 1 is actually equal to 1.
You're not contradicting me.
The number 1 is a very special case. You might remember
in high school it is called the 'multiplicative identity'. If you
multiply anything by it, that it will not change it. You would
not believe how many deceptions are built on the number
1, 0, and infinity. One might argue if 1, 0 or infinity are even
numbers at all. Zero is not really a number, but the label
for the absence of a number. Most mathematical tricks
are built around concealing a division by zero error.
Post by JTEM is Magic
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/665418939453636608