Best case for the Supernatural?
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-11 02:01:04 UTC
There's actually a great deal of evidence for an
Afterlife.

I'm not saying that there's "Proof" of an Afterlife,
only that there is evidence for it. A lot of evidence.

How compelling you find that evidence is a different
story...

#1.
Ghosts? Everyone has their ghost story. As I said
elsewhere, the single most common Ghost experience
is probably the sensation of someone sitting/leaning/
resting on your bed when you're trying to sleep...

#2.
People who've actually died! Yes there are those who
were pronounced dead but came back. Some report
experiences in an Afterlife. Some talked about meeting
beings or deceased loved one, others mentioned a
tunnel of light and a few even said that they visited Hell.

#4.
Reincarnation! There are lots of people who tell
reincarnation stories. The Dalai Lama is not only
reincarnated but rather strenuously vetted. Quite a
few of the reincarnation traditions involve some
vetting process. And, yes, a number of cultures do
believe and practice a belief in reincarnation.

#4.
Science! Yes, science posits an Afterlife of sorts. I mean,
we've all heard of Schrodinger's Cat where the cat, inside
of a box, is both alive & dead until the box is opened and
observed. The slip side is called "Quantum Suicide" and
it takes on the perspective of the cat, not the observer. In
it, this Quantum Suicide," the consciousness of the cat
always moves on. So the cat is in a box, the observer
opens it and sees a dead cat but the cat moved on to
another reality, one where it didn't die.

Any other evidence for the Afterlife?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664677814901096448
Mike
#4.
Science! Yes, science posits an Afterlife of sorts. I mean,
we've all heard of Schrodinger's Cat where the cat, inside
of a box, is both alive & dead until the box is opened and
observed. The slip side is called "Quantum Suicide" and
it takes on the perspective of the cat, not the observer. In
it, this Quantum Suicide," the consciousness of the cat
always moves on. So the cat is in a box, the observer
opens it and sees a dead cat but the cat moved on to
another reality, one where it didn't die.
Any other evidence for the Afterlife?
This life itself is all the evidence you need
to prove a before life and an after life.
Post by JTEM is Magic
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664677814901096448
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-11 02:17:16 UTC
Post by Mike
This life itself is all the evidence you need
to prove a before life and an after life.
Not too many agree with you on that, it seems.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2021/09/05/is-there-evidence-of-an-afterlife/

And not all atheists but most(?) argue that there's no Afterlife at all,
not just that there isn't a God.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664677814901096448
Mike
2021-10-11 03:51:31 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
Post by Mike
This life itself is all the evidence you need
to prove a before life and an after life.
Not too many agree with you on that, it seems.
https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2021/09/05/is-there-evidence-of-an-afterlife/
Evidence is not the only means to determine truth. There are other
ways such as logic and reason. If you are here now that means
the possibility is greater than zero. A possibility of greater than
zero almost guaranties the same thing will happen again in a
world of infinite time an infinite possibilities. Just think about
it, once you die, for you time literally stops. Without a consciousness
a zillion trillion years could go buy and you wouldn't feel a thing. Even
if it took near to infinity, it will still happen. You cannot be aware
of time without a physical body. To my thinking the possibility
is binary. Either you are never here, or always here. There is
no intermediate possibility. Like I said, even if it takes a zillion,
billion, trillion, gazillion years, you will be back, maybe not
on Earth, maybe not even in this Universe, or even the Multiverse,
but it is a 100% Guarantee, you will be back (assuming you go anywhere
to begin with, which I believe you don't). I think your consciousness is
eternal, because we could not have awareness during any possible
gaps. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. In a nutshell
death as defined as a lapse in awareness it not possible from an internal
perspective.
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-11 04:58:46 UTC
Post by Mike
Evidence is not the only means to determine truth.
It's the only empirical means.
Post by Mike
There are other ways such as logic and reason.
Darwin used what he mistook for logic to "Argue" some pretty stupid
pseudo scientific rubbish. Like Pangenesis.
Post by Mike
If you are here now that means
the possibility is greater than zero. A possibility of greater than
zero almost guaranties the same thing will happen again in a
world of infinite time an infinite possibilities.
I've raised this about consciousness and the existence of other
Multiverses. If consciousness can happen once, it can happen an
infinite number of times. If a universe can pop into existence, an
infinite number can. That is, absent a means to STOP it from
happening.
Post by Mike
Just think about
it, once you die, for you time literally stops. Without a consciousness
a zillion trillion years could go buy and you wouldn't feel a thing. Even
if it took near to infinity, it will still happen. You cannot be aware
of time without a physical body. To my thinking the possibility
is binary. Either you are never here, or always here. There is
no intermediate possibility.
I read something attributed to ancient Egyptians, though I honestly
have no idea if it's accurate or someones embellishment, that stated
pretty much the same thing. What it said is that if death is not an end,
if your soul is eternal then it must work the other way as well -- it has
always existed.

There is a "Logic" to it.

...seems a little weird that someone or something can be "Eternal,"
but only starting 13 billion years AFTER the universe (and time) began.
Post by Mike
Like I said, even if it takes a zillion,
billion, trillion, gazillion years, you will be back
If the Quantum Consciousness is right, you really could go "Back"
billions of years into the past, or the present. You might live parallel
lives.
Post by Mike
maybe not
on Earth, maybe not even in this Universe, or even the Multiverse
Oh I doubt that.

Ultimately, it might be possible. None of us really knows. But, even one
multiverse seems like eternity.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664677814901096448