Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
docufo
2021-10-20 20:16:30 UTC

Brendan Perry version. A song for our times.

@!=

The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Brendan Perry

It's all over
You've had your day out in the park
You better come inside
Before it gets too dark

We've all had a great time
Playing with our private world
Event horizon
Here on planet Earth

It's all over
It's the final curtain call
For too many life forms
There's just no time left at all

What you going to do when the rain comes?
Are you going to sail on the rising seas like Noah?
What you going to feed your little orphans
When there's no more fish in the sea forever?

No more Sundays
And no more religion for you
No more pie in the sky
And no man in the moon

What you going to do when the rain comes?
Are you going to live on your holy desert island?
Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea
As our world slowly stops turning forever

Songwriters: Brendan Perry
docufo
2021-10-20 20:24:14 UTC
Post by docufo
http://youtu.be/_YL7ALghfi8
[...]
woops! That's the link to "Children Of The Sun" by Billy Thorpe - here's
the link to Perry's tune -

Possibly another "tune for our times". LOLol!

=!@