Some people you can't help
JTEM is Magic
2021-10-15 20:23:42 UTC
So someone I know if trying to get a job as
an usher. And I mean ANXIETY over the struggle
to get this job. "I might be able to see Bob Dylan!"
she explained. Well...

I told her that a nearby gas station was offering
$18 an hour, and after a single day she could but
that Bob Dylan ticket, and a glass of wine, and sit
down and enjoy the show.

"I've seen too many celebrities," she defended
herself.

See, working as an usher at various theaters she's
seen a great many celebrities in person. So it wasn't
worth her to spend any money. But she it. I mean, it's
all about time! It's about how long you have to work
to see these celebrities, and at the gas station she
wouldn't have to work as long. Plus she'd make more
money when there are no celebrities she wants to see.

But she has Asperger's. She doesn't really think things,
she feels them. Strongly. WAY too strongly to crack
through. I mean, how can mere logic stand up to these
POWERFUL feelings? And feelings are real. Right? If
she feels them then it's for a reason and she knows. She
knows. You don't know, you and your "Logic," but she
knows.

EVERYONE is like this. This is why people say and do
things in anger that they never would when they're
in a good mood. And it's why men are accused of "Thinking
with our dicks." Emotions play all of us. Or plague. It's
just that it's really easy to see it in her because the
Asperger's exasperates everything so badly. The emotions
are strong, and they're over things that to us don't matter
at all.

But you're like this too. We all are. Just not as often. Probably
not always as transparent. But your emotions are always
ready to hijack your brain, and you never noticed.

Well. Maybe after the fact. Maybe after you've calmed down
you've realizes saying or doing things in anger that you
shouldn't. Or after you came that knock-out didn't seem worth
all the bother anymore...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664978076018556928
Mike
2021-10-15 20:37:00 UTC
Post by JTEM is Magic
[...]
Personally I think the story of Adam and Eve in the Bible
is an allegorical story outlining the battle between the intellect
and the emotions. Eve, or the emotions, won out and so now
we must endure eons of misery, just for not thinking before
we act. That's why God had to throw them out of the garden as
the story goes. They had gotten to emotional and irrational to
be of any use to anyone.
Post by JTEM is Magic
But you're like this too. We all are. Just not as often. Probably
not always as transparent. But your emotions are always
ready to hijack your brain, and you never noticed.
I try to avoid getting into that situation to begin with. I know
the dangers of biting into the apple.
Post by JTEM is Magic
Well. Maybe after the fact. Maybe after you've calmed down
you've realizes saying or doing things in anger that you
shouldn't. Or after you came that knock-out didn't seem worth
all the bother anymore...
Sometimes it could take a long time to get to that stage. For
some people it never happens. It's so much easier to blame
someone else than it is to take charge of one's situation.
Post by JTEM is Magic
-- --
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/664978076018556928